Are you connected to a local reef club?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Growing up in the freshwater side of the hobby, the local aquarium club was always a huge part of the hobby for me. Unfortunately I haven't had that same experience with reef clubs. Maybe that is why R2R has been so important to me. What is your experience with reef clubs? Are you connected with a local reef club that meets regularly and in person? Has it been important to your as a reef keeper?

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved away from the north GA area but The Atlanta Reef Club has been great. They host all kinds of frag swaps and have a website for buying selling and trading as well as asking local reefers for advice. My tank quadrupled in coral once I joined the club. There’s no better deals than buying and selling to locals. Plus it’s a lot of fun to show off your tank and to see other local reefer’s tanks. I now live about 2 and a half hours away from Atlanta but I’ve still been able to sell some frags to club members who live out this way.
If you’re anywhere near a bigger city, it’s totally worth it to check and see if there’s an active reef club. I might just have been lucky to have found ARC but my tank definitely wouldn’t be where it is now without a club to make it easier, cheaper, and more fun.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to form a club for southeast Michigan for a few years now. The problem is everyone is always "too busy" to make any meetings, as it would require an hour drive one way or so for some. So fb groups and R2R are the extent of meeting up.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been trying to form a club for southeast Michigan for a few years now. The problem is everyone is always "too busy" to make any meetings, as it would require an hour drive one way or so for some. So fb groups and R2R are the extent of meeting up.
If I still lived in Michigan, I would definitely partake.

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was going to join on in Tennessee but found out who runs it and how snotty they can be. Withdrew immediately. Heard a lot of stories too. I will stick with my lfs or here.
...and we're glad you're here! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back