Are you the best driver? Road rage?

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I am because when I am driving there is no one else on the road that is any good. I will go as far to say that everyone else should call and ask if it's okay to be in my way when I get into my vehicle. :)

What are some rants you have that someone may not know.

For me (this is not in any way a complete list) I think we should have to put our phone numbers on the back of our car. That way I could call people to let them know how good of a job they are doing.

I grew up in Texas where people get onto the shoulder if you are going faster than them to let you pass. Where I live now. Everyone things the speed they are doing is what everyone else should do. They drive in the fast lane and then realize that they need to (I guess) have a conversation with the person in the slow lane.

This could be my own thread and I could have hundreds of posts in it. I'll let someone else go first. :)

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few pet Peeves...

1) Tailgating. I WILL Brake check you, and your being 10 ft off my bumper when there is no option to change lanes will make me sit there, not get over.

2) Driving to fast for conditions. I live in MI, I drive a 4 wheel drive Jeep, with all terrain tires. If you pass me, I will laugh at you in the ditch sooner or later.

3) Letting your kids bounce around in the car! Who does this? WOW!

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are pretty mellow on the roads here on the coast. It's amazing how that changes a few miles inland.Pet peeves: Would have to be the squads of Lance Armstrong clones in their matching Lycra suits

Last edited:

dedubya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok im a truck driver so here comes some things you 4 wheelers need to know

1) Don't drive behind us with your brights on, our mirrors are set at a height you literally blind us

2) Stop texting and swerving into our lane it takes 3xs as long for our big rig to react and get out of the way instead of smashing you like frogger

3) Your vehicle is not a brick wall we can see everything you do inside your car pay attn to the road

I could go on and on but i'll let it go here

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it rip dedubya. My grandpa was a trucker and I would always go with him on hauls. I know what you mean about seeing into vehicles!! :)

OH MY LORD!! Texting. I drive a motorcycle (crotch rocket) and when I sit up on it I am about the same height as most tall trucks. So i can see your iPad/phones on your lap. I will be driving and look over at people and they are texting and have no idea I am there! I HAVE to drive so defensively already just because people don't notice motorcycles and then you add people not paying attention on top of that. It scares the crap out of me sometimes.

There have been several instances that I have just missed a collision with someone entering into my lane with me at their front doors.

Pease don't text and drive. I now have upgraded my headlights to HID, taillights to led that strobe when I hit my brakes. I have also mounted a camera to my bike with GPS just for those instances that I hope never happen.

Here is a fun one I caught a few weeks back.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been. I saw the car over the truck so I slowed down before just being cautious. My GPS had me doing 3-4 mph over the speed limit when the truck passed me. The light went from yellow to red very quickly hence the title. I was unsure if she saw me because of the truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAmY_BGvNuY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Btw. This camera retails for $300. It makes a great dash cam! They also have a waterproof housing for it :)

Last edited:

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Do not get beside me and maintain the same speed, I do not want you sitting there looking into my car looking at what I am doing, move on and pass me, I am tempted to swerve over and hit you in your little car.

2) Do not speed up behind me on a two lane Highway (one diretion both ways) and expect me to speed up, it wont happen, more than likily, I will slow down and not speed up for you.

3) I live in Missouri, southern Missouri (Im nothing like the people from here just saying) and we have a ton of crazy hicks who live here, DO NOT, drive a point of sale truck drive 20 MPH ove the speed limit, and when someone accidently hits you cause you pull out from behind a 18 Wheeler, dont flip me off, I was going 15 MPH like stated, you wer easily going 35+, its YOUR fault, that YOU almost hit ME, not my fault.

I have road rage pretty badly and I dont like driving, I hate driving with a passion. So much can happen, I dont even want to drive, but am forced to do so. I have a lot of driving pet peeves, most of them similer to above though.

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop signs are not a suggestion. No turn on red does not mean yield. Yield to u-turn does not mean u-turn yield for people who can't read. Tailgating is a lifestyle, not an appropriate driving habit. Turning your signal on does not give you the right to switch lanes when there is 2" of clearance on each end of your vehicle. You do not have the right of way when entering a limited access highway. Stopping halfway through an intersection without an arrow on the light does not give you permission to begin turning once the light turns red and traffic stops on the other side.

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns where in Mo? I am in Rogers, Arkansas. I used to live in Mountain Home Ar an I know what you mean about the hicks. They seem to ALWAYS have the right away. The worst part is that they have shotguns and rifles in their truck windows :( so its not someone I want to let know how I feel.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns where in Mo? I am in Rogers, Arkansas. I used to live in Mountain Home Ar an I know what you mean about the hicks. They seem to ALWAYS have the right away. The worst part is that they have shotguns and rifles in their truck windows :( so its not someone I want to let know how I feel.

Mountian View/West Plains area. Its like 45min-1hr from Mountian Home!

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1) Tailgating. I WILL Brake check you, and your being 10 ft off my bumper when there is no option to change lanes will make me sit there, not get over./QUOTE]

Amen! I've got a lead foot, so if you're tailgaiting me, then you're really speeding. Another thing that bothers me a lot more than it should is people that don't use their turn signals. It's as though people think they're being followed by an ax murderer... is it really that much of a propblem to let other drivers know your next move?

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mountian View/West Plains area. Its like 45min-1hr from Mountian Home!

Oh yeah! That is terrible over there with the necks of red. I know your a bit far away but there are a few local forums.

In2Deep.org <-- Rogers
TheSEAS.??? (com I believe) <-- Springfield I think your on in already
KeepersoftheReef <-- mountain home this one has died unfortunately :(

Last edited:

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im a truck drive rof 10yrs my pet peeves are dont read the paper and drive. dont put your makeup on in the car brush your teeth at home get off your laptop while driving for gods sake and put down your **** phone no need to text while driving. when i put my turn signal on im not asking for permision to merge im leting you know im merging wether your there or not

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawaii has the worst drivers in the nation. It's proven...

It is not uncommon for it to take 2 hours to drive 15 miles in rush hour.

1. When it rains, you think these people are driving in a white out blizzard! It's only water!!!!
2. People can't merge, nor know how... taking turns at a merge/yield is unheard of.
3. The attitude of "if i'm going to slow, go around" is enough to make me tap your bumper at 70mph.
4. Trucks!!! get the #$%6 out of the passing lane!!! The "2 or more lane" rule does not apply here. 5 lanes across and the 18 wheeler's are in the zipper lane doing 45mph.
5. Getting stuck at the traffic light through two cycles is normal. If the light turns green 3 times and you are still not through the intersection, then you complain.
6. Re-treads... i will die because of these one day. Not a day goes by that i am not swerving at high speeds to dodge blown out tires.
7. If i see another "slow down, this aint the mainland" sticker, i'm going to scream. Though they are right. People can drive on the mainland.

I could keep going, but i'm getting stressed out!

kev

Last edited:

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1) Tailgating. I WILL Brake check you, and your being 10 ft off my bumper when there is no option to change lanes will make me sit there, not get over.

2) Driving to fast for conditions. I live in MI, I drive a 4 wheel drive Jeep, with all terrain tires. If you pass me, I will laugh at you in the ditch sooner or later.

3) Letting your kids bounce around in the car! Who does this? WOW!

I agree, almost two months ago I had the breaks pretty much go out on my truck. Was raining that day so was definitely going slow so if I had to stop I would hopefully have enough time to do so. Had one person that was tailgating me so bad that I was tempted to slow down even more.

It seems like every winter the first time that the roads get bad people forget how to drive on them. More than once I have seen someone with 4 wheel drive pass me by and a few minutes later I pass them on the side of the road where they have slid off.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah! That is terrible over there with the necks of red. I know your a bit far away but there are a few local forums.

In2Deep.org <-- Rogers
TheSEAS.??? (com I believe) <-- Springfield I think your on in already
KeepersoftheReef <-- mountain home this one has died unfortunately :(

I have heard of the In2Deep.com forums! I havent signed up though. The SEAS, its a terrible place! And Keepersofthereef seemed like a good place, why did it die down?

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When keepers switched over to a new style forum people started complaining about things that were different. The operator of the forum was footing the bill for everything and finally let people know what he thought (and rightfully so) so since then it has dwindled down to "are you there" posts every few months.

I am the VP of In2Deep. It has started to slow because of summer. We have a meeting next weekend at Worlds Under Water in Fayetteville.

TheSEAS is a good place and they have really goo meetings.

I just drove about 30 miles, and my new gripe are the cops. They are tricky little boogers! :) my bike has had the sprocket changed and the speedo reads high. So when I am doing 75mph my speedo reads 87. It's always a little nerve racking driving past a cop and look down and see 87mph.

Last edited:

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love people with road rage, I like to see just how mad they will get. I'm probably gonna get shot some day.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When keepers switched over to a new style forum people started complaining about things that were different. The operator of the forum was footing the bill for everything and finally let people know what he thought (and rightfully so) so since then it has dwindled down to "are you there" posts every few months.

I am the VP of In2Deep. It has started to slow because of summer. We have a meeting next weekend at Worlds Under Water in Fayetteville.

TheSEAS is a good place and they have really goo meetings.

I just drove about 30 miles, and my new gripe are the cops. They are tricky little boogers! :) my bike has had the sprocket changed and the speedo reads high. So when I am doing 75mph my speedo reads 87. It's always a little nerve racking driving past a cop and look down and see 87mph.

Ahh, I see!

And Nice! If you guys havent done new elections, I know the old president! Ronnie was his hame I think! I also know Ray aka Rayzback! I sold him my cube, I met both of them through the SEAS, but I had my account deleted and wont get back on that site. lol.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 164 49.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 30 9.1%
Back