Are You Using Masstick?

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen Masstick in a local shop, but I’ve been unable to find much about it here on REEF2REEF. All of the YouTube videos that I have watched seem to provide the same information, which is how you rehydrate it and how you feed it.

However, I want to know whether you have used it long-term, whether your fish still enjoy it, if you have added additional foods to it, and how long it takes to be consumed (based on your fish population). It seems like a nice product for my quarantine tank that contains two wrasses. Since they are grazers and like eating many times throughout the day, I’m thinking about giving it a try.

Are you using Masstick? If so, then I’d love your opinions and thoughts!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it regularly to entice picky fish to eat. The main benefit IMO is that it stays in the paste form for a while in the tank and the fish don’t have to eat everything in a few minutes during feedings. It works especially well for angels, it’s become my go to for conditioning flagfin angels which will rarely eat anything. IME it lasts about 30-45mins before it dissolves in water or detaches from whatever surface and begins to float so don’t put too much. Better to spread small amounts around the tank.

I’ve had better luck spreading the paste on small pieces of rocks or filling a clam shell than sticking it to glass.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 ^^^ this exactly. Especially using on rocks for dwarf angels as they are constantly pecking around the QT looking for nourishment in the sterile environment. Tie a bit of thin fishing line to the rock = easy to lower into the tank and easy to remove. Just make sure it's securely attached. Dropping a rock on your glass bottom is not a good idea. ;)

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Easy Reef has really good products. I now use there Phytoplankton also.

If you mix Masstick with the right amount of rodi and don't have huge fish eating it, it will stay attached to the glass for hours. Very fun to watch fish eat it.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to have fish get use to eating the food that way. Mine just would not miss with it .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back