200w (23).gif
@FakeBilly

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Mine has nothing to do with reefing.. just my love of orchids and the color of my hair. I was spotted at my LFS by another NJRC member and recognized by my hair
Bad Hair Day Style GIF by BeataTe Hair Salon

Last edited:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is really creative, I was a Nissan tech for over 30 years.

I used to ride as my main hobby logging almost 30k miles a year at my peak living in Ohio and working full time. Gotta love heated gear. Been to 28 states plus Canada and Mexico.
The last ride. l low sided on a right hand curve and slid under a box truck. Hit the rear wheels of the truck hard enough to rip the drive shaft out and ruptured the fuel tank. I decided to quit while I could walk away vs being carried away.

dscn0597 (Custom).jpg

dscn0595 (Custom).jpg

Reefing is safer and family is more relaxed.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine, like a lot of others is a motorcycle reference VL 800 Volusia. I think I live up to my name since I have rode bikes since 1975 and I am a female, (although my angelic days may be in the rear view mirror at this point in my life, LOL). Last year my hubby and I rode from Pittsburgh PA to Skagway Alaska.
image.jpg

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is really creative, I was a Nissan tech for over 30 years.

I used to ride as my main hobby logging almost 30k miles a year at my peak living in Ohio and working full time. Gotta love heated gear. Been to 28 states plus Canada and Mexico.
The last ride. l low sided on a right hand curve and slid under a box truck. Hit the rear wheels of the truck hard enough to rip the drive shaft out and ruptured the fuel tank. I decided to quit while I could walk away vs being carried away.

dscn0597 (Custom).jpg

dscn0595 (Custom).jpg

Reefing is safer and family is more relaxed.
Woe, that pic is enough to strike fear into the heart of a biker! I have had a few very close calls but thankfully to God's grace have never had an accident. I have rode from our home to all the lower 48 states plus Alaska. I will definitely agree with you about reefing being safer than motorcycles.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I never heard of that. Im going to give it a go, lol.
yeah, it's an English thing. Saw it on the menu when I was over there many years ago. Last nights peas recooked and sometimes made into pancakes with the mashed potatoes. but the re-cooked peas like that are pretty good. better than just microwaving. So I use the name with the kids to get them more excited about eating something than saying "re-cooked peas" :winking-face-with-tongue:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Self explanatory. Fortunately the reef part is living up to the name and isn't a crash and burn--knock on head.

Why so many reefers in Jersey?
I remember when I first started reefing again it seemed like all of the coral vendors I could find were Jersey or New York. Now there's a bunch in Cali and Florida and several in Texas as well. Starting to finally get some here in AZ!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not sure if I still live up to mine. I used to keep tarantulas. At a time I had over 60. Same kind of addicting as being in this hobby but the husbandry is so much easier. Mostly just add water or mist regularly and throw in a bug every few days. Unfortunately gave all that up for a woman.... I might have to hop onto arachnoboards after this.
But... But... Your name says you had LOTS of Tarantulas and number 424 was you.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back