Waterbox 340.7 Stocking Help and Suggestions

YoshiReefBuilder

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Henderson
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new to the forum but not new to reefing. Recently bit the bullet and started on my “Dream” build. Going with the Waterbox Reef 340.7 LX, which has a display volume of 256 gallons with the following dimensions, 86.6 x 29.5 x 25.6 which certainly opens up many stocking options, far more than I’ve had in previous 4 foot or under tanks. As a result I could use some advice on the best possible stocking options that will allow me to keep a mix of colorful and active fish. I spent some time and put together a very rough stocking list. However feel there are too many currently and could use some help narrowing it down. I do plan on keeping some corals, though the main focus of the tank will be the fish, so the risks associated with some of the fish, especially the angels is one I’m willing to take. I’ve put ** next to all of the fish that take top priority. I’m open to any and all suggestions and open to hearing suggestions of other fish you all think would make a good addition to the tank.

Wrasses (Love Wrasses and Always Include Them in Builds) -
Radiant Wrasse**
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Melenarus Wrasse
Black Leopard Wrasse Pair**
Potters Leopard Wrasse
Brunneus Fairy Wrasse
Crescent Tail Fairy Wrasse
Lubbock Fairy Wrasse
Hooded Flame Fairy Wrasse

Angelfish -
Japanese Masked Swallowtail Angelfish Pair**
Regal Angelfish
Potters Angelfish

Tangs-
White Tail Bristletooth Tang
Scopas Tang
Sohal Tang**
Gem Tang
Regal Tang

Other Fish Small Fish-
Clownfish Pair
Diamond Goby**
Longnose Hawkfish
Midas Blenny**
Yasha Goby Pair w/ Pistol Shrimp

Other Large Fish -
Pyramid Butterflyfish Trio**
Blue Throat Triggerfish
Australian Harlequin Tusk**
Magnificent Foxface**

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing some opinions and suggestions.
 
Is this going to be a mixed reef or FOWLR? (some of the fish are potentially not reef-safe) I might substitute the longnose for a flame hawkfish instead.
Planing for it to be a mixed reef, however I’m ok with risking it with some of the less reef safe fish such as the harlequin tusk, regal and potters angelfish, and the blue throat trigger for instance. Don’t plan on keeping too many corals or any really expensive corals but don’t want to go completely FOWLR.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new