Arghh! Why is my Mp10 Ecotech app doing this!!???

Emma01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D1E84398-6DB2-4FA4-83C0-20B894741BD0.png
Hi all.
Am I doing something wrong??
I’ve connected my Mp10 to my Ecotech reef link.
On the dial on the actual handset, I have it on reef crest on the lowest flow (due to having a nano reef)

Now......when I look at ‘presets’ on the app, they come up as these (see picture)

Any time I attempt to change the presets to different times, settings etc, the pump goes crazy! .... full flow on!
I then have to avert back to manually turning the knob back down to 1 light on and back onto reef random set.

I want it to go into ‘night mode’ at 21:00. And remain on 20% up until 09:00am the next day (which I THINK I’ve now managed) I want it to go into Lagoon mode at 17:00

The pump doesn’t go into tidal swell or lagoon at the times it supposed to, or at all. - ideally I don’t want the tidal swell anyway. At the moment it SHOULD be in lagoon, but it’s not. It’s remained on reef crest.

It’s driving me crazy! Anyone know what I’m doing wrong here??

Thanks
Emma.

ChuckD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my mp10's anytime I open the app and fiddle with the schedule they go to full blast on whatever mode until I'm done.
I don't know if reef crest or lagoon need to "finish" but I know tidal swell has a set sequence it has to run through before it will switch off.
The only time I've had schedules not doing what they should is when I've forgotten to hit "save" as I'm backing out of the adjustments or "program all."
That actually drove me crazy for a week recently until I went back and realized what I hadn't done.
HTH.

OP
OP
E

Emma01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my mp10's anytime I open the app and fiddle with the schedule they go to full blast on whatever mode until I'm done.
I don't know if reef crest or lagoon need to "finish" but I know tidal swell has a set sequence it has to run through before it will switch off.
The only time I've had schedules not doing what they should is when I've forgotten to hit "save" as I'm backing out of the adjustments or "program all."
That actually drove me crazy for a week recently until I went back and realized what I hadn't done.
HTH.
Thanks for your advice. :)
I ended up switching the pump off
Programming it and then saving the settings when I put the pump back on. It seems to have worked: was driving me absolutely crazy!

Thanks very much
Emma

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%

Back