Arizona Trip Recommendations

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks,

I am coming through Phoenix and Sedona in a few months. Are there any note worthy stores or places to check out (reefing related)?

Thanks!

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Studio Blue has the best selection of large colonies and quality stuff. Best store I have seen, clean and beautiful selection. SW Junkies best store hands down for selection of smaller frags and good prices. I shop both stores frequently. Ocean Floor is huge and just starting to come around with the recent remodel of coral section but way over priced on the larger pieces.

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are coming through the Mesa area i would recommend stopping by AZ Reef Monsters, small shop but really clean and some really impressive tanks to look at. I went by Ocean Floor for the first time in over a year yesterday and they have started to get a little better, definitely a huge place and they have added some new frag tanks in the front section since last time i was in.

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are coming through the Mesa area i would recommend stopping by AZ Reef Monsters, small shop but really clean and some really impressive tanks to look at. I went by Ocean Floor for the first time in over a year yesterday and they have started to get a little better, definitely a huge place and they have added some new frag tanks in the front section since last time i was in.

I’m not quiet sold on Reef Monsters, my first visit was this week and it’s a nice place and clean. I found 4 yes FOUR items to buy that would have been $$$$$ all in in different display tanks and all 4 were labels NFS (Not for sale) I personally can’t stand that. Don’t label half the tank NFS and then wonder why I walked out with nothing in my hand. I get it sometimes you have items you want to frag and sell but don’t scatter stuff all over the store and not sell it. It’s a whole new rant but several stores do this. I own a business if it’s on the floor it’s for sale, period.

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not quiet sold on Reef Monsters, my first visit was this week and it’s a nice place and clean. I found 4 yes FOUR items to buy that would have been $$$$$ all in in different display tanks and all 4 were labels NFS (Not for sale) I personally can’t stand that. Don’t label half the tank NFS and then wonder why I walked out with nothing in my hand. I get it sometimes you have items you want to frag and sell but don’t scatter stuff all over the store and not sell it. It’s a whole new rant but several stores do this. I own a business if it’s on the floor it’s for sale, period.
Yeah i did notice that they have a lot of things labeled NFS which is a bummer. I like that they drive out to LA every 2 weeks and hand pick their live stock which makes any special request relatively quick and easy. Only other place by me is The Pet Shop and they are really cool but not a marine specific store and they dont order marine live stock very often.

PNWReefer17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll advocate Reef Monsters. There was another shop down the road called Epic Oceans that looked promising but was closed when I tried to stop by.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't Studio Blue for sale? Or am I thinking of another Phoenix area reef store?

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep Blue Aquariums is a great little store in Goodyear. They are currently in the process of expanding their store, but should be done in the next few months. The owner also does custom builds in the back of the store and has a wealth of knowledge that he loves to share.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the same thing a while back and HERE's a link to that thread.

And also visited Sedona....don't get me wrong, very beautiful, but now also very commercial. My favorite part was driving down from the north on some two lane road that all of a sudden had multiple switchbacks while you descended into the valley.

SonoranReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't Studio Blue for sale? Or am I thinking of another Phoenix area reef store?

Studio Blue is indeed for sale. But the owner is still in the store most days it is open and still very vested in the day to day operations and continues to bring in quality livestock and coral!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back