Macroalgae tank! :)

hhanj11

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
I tried to find some info online but there are very few websites talking about macroalgae tanks. I am new to this and just got my first 10 gallon tank! I hope this is the right thread to post under. I wanted to post and ask people for some recommendations on how to get started and also best places online to buy macro algae and invertebrates (I know of gulf coast ecosysystems and mosaic macros but lots seem to be sold out....). I plan to get some reef sand soon and at least get the water in so I am welcome to any amount of info people are willing to give! Super excited :)
 
Last edited:
Good luck, its a fun little project. I started my 10 gallon macro algae tank about a year ago. Welcome to R2R
 
Hi all!
I tried to find some info online but there are very few websites talking about macroalgae tanks. I am new to this and just got my first 10 gallon tank! I hope this is the right thread to post under. I wanted to post and ask people for some recommendations on how to get started and also best places online to buy macro algae and invertebrates (I know of gulf coast ecosysystems and mosaic macros but lots seem to be sold out....). I plan to get some reef sand soon and at least get the water in so I am welcome to any amount of info people are willing to give! Super excited :)
Look at KP Aquatics, they also have some macroalgae. Its not their main focus but what they have is nice.
 
Mosaic macros has been great for me. Can't go wrong with Reefcleaners.org for clean up crew
 
You can visit local lfs, and most will have cheato or red lettuce. Its up to you if you want to have them, chaeto balls have just been a headache for me.

Id skip them if I could in the future.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new