Arrow Head Crab - Safe or Vicious?

bkreitler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I introduced an arrow head crab to my 310 gallon tank yesterday. This evening I found him clutching a large and dead sandsifting goby. I tried to free the goby, but he was already dead. Do you think that the arrow head crab killed the goby OR do you think the goby was already dead and he was just trying to get a meal? I don't actually know. I saw both of my sand sifting gobies earlier today and they both seemed fine and were busy as usual. The arrow head crab is quite large and now I'm wondering if the rest of my fish and gobies are going to be safe. Any thoughts, feedback or recommendations? Thanks!!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I introduced an arrow head crab to my 310 gallon tank yesterday. This evening I found him clutching a large and dead sandsifting goby. I tried to free the goby, but he was already dead. Do you think that the arrow head crab killed the goby OR do you think the goby was already dead and he was just trying to get a meal? I don't actually know. I saw both of my sand sifting gobies earlier today and they both seemed fine and were busy as usual. The arrow head crab is quite large and now I'm wondering if the rest of my fish and gobies are going to be safe. Any thoughts, feedback or recommendations? Thanks!!
they can kill, they aren't really reef safe. If the goby was healthy the crab might have killed it, if it was sick the crab could just be having a meal on opportunity

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back