ASD rainbow vs JF Solar Flare

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them both in my growout system. They are side by side in the same lighting and they are identical to each other. They are both mini colony size and are even touching each other without any damage to either corals.
Jeff
I was searching and about to ask this. I have an asd that is recovering from bleaching (I think). It's been pretty white for several months, maybe even longer and I just got a solar flare from a local hobbyist and I wanted to put them together for now

OP
OP
dragonfisher33

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confirmed (at least in my tank)

solar flare has red base (pic attached) and asd rainbow does not.
28054D08-BAD5-4F8F-8A28-6AA44A446CBB.jpeg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump...

Soon I will have Solar Flare and Acid Trip. I already have Event Horizon and ASD Rainbow. Based on the SF and AT pics of frags about to receive, they look almost identical :)

Hugster78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the JF Solar Flare because I've heard it's too similar to the ASD Rainbow and my tank's too small for corals that look too similar! :rolleyes:

But...I can tell you that ASD Rainbow and RMF Acid Trip are different. The RMF has more green. I love them both, two of my favorite acros. Here's my two colonies for a comparison:

ASD Rainbow

183.JPG

RMF Acid Trip

188.JPG
What’s the purple tip acro?

Loosechangereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this topic comes up alot, my expierence with sps , if i was not having luck , i would try to keep my alk steady around 7, plus sps dont like more then one parameter go astray,
Also if someting goes out of line make corrections slowly,
Then i could keep sps
Also every tank is different,for example i could keep monti digitas , but couldnt keep capacorunios,
Also i could keep pocillipras and stylos in my 120
but tried in my 50 gallon stylo died,
but could keep acros go figure
***once you hit a sweet spot and do w\c, most sps will do ok
my expierence
good luck

Back