ASD rainbow vs JF Solar Flare

I have them both in my growout system. They are side by side in the same lighting and they are identical to each other. They are both mini colony size and are even touching each other without any damage to either corals.
Jeff
I was searching and about to ask this. I have an asd that is recovering from bleaching (I think). It's been pretty white for several months, maybe even longer and I just got a solar flare from a local hobbyist and I wanted to put them together for now
 
Confirmed (at least in my tank)

solar flare has red base (pic attached) and asd rainbow does not.
28054D08-BAD5-4F8F-8A28-6AA44A446CBB.jpeg
 
Bump...

Soon I will have Solar Flare and Acid Trip. I already have Event Horizon and ASD Rainbow. Based on the SF and AT pics of frags about to receive, they look almost identical :)
 
I don't have the JF Solar Flare because I've heard it's too similar to the ASD Rainbow and my tank's too small for corals that look too similar! :rolleyes:

But...I can tell you that ASD Rainbow and RMF Acid Trip are different. The RMF has more green. I love them both, two of my favorite acros. Here's my two colonies for a comparison:

ASD Rainbow

183.JPG


RMF Acid Trip

188.JPG
What’s the purple tip acro?
 
this topic comes up alot, my expierence with sps , if i was not having luck , i would try to keep my alk steady around 7, plus sps dont like more then one parameter go astray,
Also if someting goes out of line make corrections slowly,
Then i could keep sps
Also every tank is different,for example i could keep monti digitas , but couldnt keep capacorunios,
Also i could keep pocillipras and stylos in my 120
but tried in my 50 gallon stylo died,
but could keep acros go figure
***once you hit a sweet spot and do w\c, most sps will do ok
my expierence
good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new