Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230717_120806.jpg

29g Topfin tank
Seachem Tidal 35 filtration
Live rock
No heater, temps steady at 72°f

Began with three days of 1 cap MicroBacter7... Ammonium, Nitrite and Nitrate all still at zero. Had a bottle of Fluval Cycle so started day 1 dose today (75ml).

Any suggestions for a new top? All our other tanks have hinged glass tops and I do like them but having trouble finding one for this tank
... 28.5" x 11"

Last edited:

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on keeping Comes, Reidi, or Erectus (Northern or Southern) …reason I ask is each has its own temperature tolerance and none of them would I chance temps over 78F (bacterial issues) …
You “Might” be fighting temps with a solid top when dealing with pumps and lighting, but I dunno what your ambient room temp is….
Noteworthy: skip the heater, don’t believe the hype on reef temps, nothing and I mean nothing (typical reef things) has a fatality between 68F - 76F ….my seahorse tank fluctuated between 68-72F and I kept all manner of corals, anyone saying different is in error…

OP
OP
americnjewl

americnjewl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have two comes ready to take residency. With the solid top that's on there now it has been staying steady between 72 and 74 with a sealed lid and embedded lights so I think we should be fine once we get the lights out and a looser lid.
Are you planning on keeping Comes, Reidi, or Erectus (Northern or Southern) …reason I ask is each has its own temperature tolerance and none of them would I chance temps over 78F (bacterial issues) …
You “Might” be fighting temps with a solid top when dealing with pumps and lighting, but I dunno what your ambient room temp is….
Noteworthy: skip the heater, don’t believe the hype on reef temps, nothing and I mean nothing (typical reef things) has a fatality between 68F - 76F ….my seahorse tank fluctuated between 68-72F and I kept all manner of corals, anyone saying different is in error…

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230717_120806.jpg

29g Topfin tank
Seachem Tidal 35 filtration
Live rock
No heater, temps steady at 72°f

Began with three days of 1 cap MicroBacter7... Ammonium, Nitrite and Nitrate all still at zero. Had a bottle of Fluval Cycle so started day 1 dose today (75ml).

Any suggestions for a new top? All our other tanks have hinged glass tops and I do like them but having trouble finding one for this tank
... 28.5" x 11"
Can't wait to see progress for your tank!

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see any updates you have - thinking about building one for my better half :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back