OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s some great progress on the canopy. A couple things to keep in mind. Just double check the weight and balance so that when you fully extend the lights that it doesn’t tip over. You may have to attach it to the wall in the back. Also, I’d have the expectation that those slides will rust and need to be replaced wry few years. Cord management can be a creative task too so they don’t stoop down into the tank when you close it.
Thanks for the tips, I actually have the entire back of the canopy on a piece1x8 that is bolted into the stud. What I worry about is all the weight is on 2 points on the front and no weight on the back. Still i made it very light maybe 50LB total.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally got plywood and was going to use that but don't want to drill holes on the side of plywood so using these lightweight 1x8", Here you can see i am adding one piece.
20220226_125041.jpg

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to create a thread to sell or trade my gem tang and realized this forum monetized this section. I am pretty disaapointed in R2R since this hobbyist is already out of control in cost and not everyone can afford new gear. Not to mention vendor are paying a good amount too. If anyone knows someone who would take or trade this gem for SPS or other tangs let me know. I paid $400 for it on Saturday and its fully QT by one of the workers at TMS Aquatics. It is just too aggressive for me to put my achilles tang and zebrasomas at risk in the big tank. Stinks!

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have Mysis stink up the joint? Yesterday the spell was awful in basement for a good 16 hours and carried over upstairs for a bit.

More concerned with my wife complaining, I think Women have dog smell - if that make sense!

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to create a thread to sell or trade my gem tang and realized this forum monetized this section. I am pretty disaapointed in R2R since this hobbyist is already out of control in cost and not everyone can afford new gear. Not to mention vendor are paying a good amount too. If anyone knows someone who would take or trade this gem for SPS or other tangs let me know. I paid $400 for it on Saturday and its fully QT by one of the workers at TMS Aquatics. It is just too aggressive for me to put my achilles tang and zebrasomas at risk in the big tank. Stinks!
Have you tried to return it to TMS? Even if they’ll do store credit it may be worth it.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next are the G5’s right? Do you have a plan yet for how you’ll mount them?
I got 1.5" long screws that fit into the radions. Just going to cutt 2" planks and have it sit on both 1×8. Your right about the cord management. I may just have to unplug the t5 cords when pulling it out bc I don't have the slack to get creative. The issue will be when pushing in

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just flowing over? Your system is new and looks really clean; maybe there’s just nothing to skim out?

Sometimes I go down and find few days of skimmate back in the water. if air is open too much it overflows quickly. I want to add more bubbles but can't but checked online it recommends 5-7" water line so just have to build a platform. its still pulling some stuff out and its a new system so maybe not too much nutrients to pull anyways. Having 500 gallon is much different then a 125 gallons (which is what i am used too), I think system will be easy once I figure out how to manage the water volume.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back