Asterina stars

Roasreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been asked in the forums before. But do you think this little jerks eat zoas. I got home from a trip over the weekend and last night there was some of them on my zoas. And I took them off and it seems like the zoas are melting ..

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always catch them on my sps and zoas. And i notice that after i pull them off, the spot they were on looks dead. So, every now and then I will go through my tank and take as many of them devils out as I can.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can definitely munch on things... many tanks have them without much issue, if you can borrow a harlequin shrimp from someone they will destroy the population just give it to someone in need when you’re done... dipping and inspecting your corals can minimize the chance they ever get in again...

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never saw mine eat zoas when I had them. I got two harlequin shrimp and never saw asterinas again...

bobby.w.hodges

Wet Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been asked in the forums before. But do you think this little ******** eat zoas. I got home from a trip over the weekend and last night there was some of them on my zoas. And I took them off and it seems like the zoas are melting ..
Yep, they are eating them. Get as many out as you can possibly add a harlequin shrimp.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I had some that weren't terrible for 2 years in the tank, just recently they seem to have had a population explosion and I think they're the cause of a patch of my zoas looking down right now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back