AT&T blocked my apex!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had their cell company block their Apex from sending notifications? It appears that my apex currently has an alert saying my cell number is blocked due to “repeated bounces.”
What do you do to resolve this?

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup same here and from what I hear we have to contact AT&T directly to get it resolved, being I use a company phone I just don't feel like dealing with it since I don't have the account info :(

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very annoying- I think I overloaded their tolerance because the apex was pinging all day because my Alk was low, then I had an issue with temp and salinity on my frag tank at the same time.
Att then cut me off! Only by luck did I check the app before going to sleep last night or I would have lost my whole frag tank...

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could switch from at&t texts to direct notifications from the Apex Fusion app, as I did about a year ago. They typically come through much faster than texts anyway.
Didn’t know that was a thing. How do you change that setting?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t know that was a thing. How do you change that setting?

From the Apex Fusion dashboard, pull down the menu under your name at the far upper right. Select Settings, then select Notifications. If you have the Apex Fusion app installed on your phone and you're signed in, there should be an option there for app notifications, as indicated by your phone OS (in my case, iOS.) Once it works, you can disable texts with the check box, as I did. I did keep the email notifications, as a backup, but they go directly into their own folder and I don't see them unless I look for them.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish they would block those your car warranty is about to expire calls.
slow clap GIF

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not just AT&T, all providers do it to prevent spam via text messages. Once it hits a certain threshold they automatically block it. I work in IT and we use automated texting to page people and from time to time we get a lot of alerts at once and it gets blocked. T-mobile, AT&T, whatever. They all do it.

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the Apex Fusion dashboard, pull down the menu under your name at the far upper right. Select Settings, then select Notifications. If you have the Apex Fusion app installed on your phone and you're signed in, there should be an option there for app notifications, as indicated by your phone OS (in my case, iOS.) Once it works, you can disable texts with the check box, as I did. I did keep the email notifications, as a backup, but they go directly into their own folder and I don't see them unless I look for them.
Actually this has been a great thing- the push notifications are so much better than texts! Thank you!
I agree about the car warranty blocking- I got a call the other day, which I didn’t answer, that said it was from North Korea...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back