ATI ESSENTIALS PRO - How much are you dosing?

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have red sea reefer 350, it's mainly SPS but they are not all big fully grown out colonies or anything, some are frags and some medium sized. I have recently switched to ATI Essentials pro and I am already up to 100ml per day with a 50% dilution so 50ml if undiluted. And it's probably not fully stabilised consumption wise yet.

This seems like a lot when you consider it's only about 300 litres of water with displacement etc. It has got me concerned that something is not right and makes this not such an economical prospect long term.

So I am wondering how much other people are dosing on an SPS system?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else?

Also is it more or less beneficial to dose in 24 smaller doses as opposed to every second hour?

Its unlikely you will see my difference between 12 and 24 doses. 24 doses can get a little inaccurate if you are dosing small amounts, meaning if you do 24x 1ml its not likely going to be exactly 1ml. If you do 24x 50ml its less likely to be off more than a tiny amount as a percentage.

The main reason to have many doses is to keep your pH stable from the alkalinity dose.

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its unlikely you will see my difference between 12 and 24 doses. 24 doses can get a little inaccurate if you are dosing small amounts, meaning if you do 24x 1ml its not likely going to be exactly 1ml. If you do 24x 50ml its less likely to be off more than a tiny amount as a percentage.

The main reason to have many doses is to keep your pH stable from the alkalinity dose.
Yeah, I figured as much. Does ATI have much effect on PH? I dont seem to get much of a PH boost from it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back