ATI hybrid or Radion G5 which to buy

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mostly sps tank and looking to upgrade from my current ati 6 bulb sunpower with led bar. Should i go with and 8 bulb powermodule or radion g5 pros ? Or any other LEDs. Suggestions?

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A hybrid fixture like the Aquaticlife DX18 or Geisemann Stellar with Radion G5 or any other compatible LED light.
That’s what I’m going with.

Lithoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out my thread... might help.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a mostly sps tank and looking to upgrade from my current ati 6 bulb sunpower with led bar. Should i go with and 8 bulb powermodule or radion g5 pros ? Or any other LEDs. Suggestions?

Why are you upgrading? You aren't going to gain anything in performance.

Do you want the fixtures to look nicer/cleaner over your tank? That's a hefty price to pay just for that.

Toy gratification? I call this ramping up down, playing with settings, cool phone control, ect. The corals don't need this.

I honestly think you're wasting your money..........going to hi end fixtures will take ten years to break even on bulb replacement costs if you go full LED.

The only upgrade I would do is add another bar which would give you more overall supplementation/bling and a bit more width coverage.

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go G5 route I’d wait a few months until all the defective cracked ones are out of circulation. Apparently they’ve solved the issue, something to do with the plastic molding and the screws causing pressure. Have also heard the fan is loud and the lights pop and crackle.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you upgrading? You aren't going to gain anything in performance.

Do you want the fixtures to look nicer/cleaner over your tank? That's a hefty price to pay just for that.

Toy gratification? I call this ramping up down, playing with settings, cool phone control, ect. The corals don't need this.

I honestly think you're wasting your money..........going to hi end fixtures will take ten years to break even on bulb replacement costs if you go full LED.

The only upgrade I would do is add another bar which would give you more overall supplementation/bling and a bit more width coverage.

Thanks for posting this so I can reread it every time I get the itch to change lights.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATI powermodule, gen 1 buy the 3rd revision and I have not been pleased with it. LEDs get stuck on sometime (don’t always change w/ the program), make a high pitch noise when dimmed, software is rough, and program resets if it is off power for too long.
I think ATI is best with T5s but their LEDs leave a lot to be desired.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The blues are just way to blue, I grow a lot of high end sps and like a white period which my corals love, I like the traditional red and green, cool, warm white etc and find the corals use some of these colors to a point. The blue has all these new colors like cyan which who knows if that has any benefit. I ran g4pros and the g5pros are pretty close but slightly different in spectrum. They are still blue enough though and easy on the eyes.

OP
OP
K

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Quick update I ended up getting the powermodule. Happy that I got it. I see less shadows and corals are loving it. They have more polyp extension and some lps have gotten fuller. I got it at 20 percent off brand new and now i have room for tank upgrade in the future. Great par distribution and the fans are stupid quiet. Don't even hear them.

Back