Sump layout

toekietoekie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
28
Location
Belgium
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am in the process of setting up my first reef tank. Would this be a good lay out for the sump?

My reasoning is the following:
Heater and skimmer go on the left with the drain pipes so they can never run dry if the return pumps fail.

Refugium goes after the sponges so any copepods can make it to the display tank. Siporax goes after the refugium so not too much algea makes it to the return pumps.

Is there anything you would change? Sump is 2 by 0,5 meters
20240609_144721.jpg
 
There are some nice pre cut kits on eBay for not too much $. I am very happy with my layout and functionality on this one.
IMG_2806.jpeg
Thanks for your reply but I should clarify that I allready have my sump since it's a freshwater tank that I am turning into saltwater.

That sump does look nice, where did you put all the diferent equipment? I'm assuming the perforated part is for the refugium?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new