ATI ICP testing results

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my ATI ICP test results back and figured I would see if there was anything I should be concerned with. I recently had a minor tank crash, losing a fairly large torch and two other euphyllia colonies are struggling to stay alive. The high zinc and detectable copper are what initially jumped out at me. But the aluminum and chloride also seem to be on the high side. Salinity also seems to be a little out of whack.

DA4E43B2-5D70-4D75-8097-B80AF3015346.png
89B63D35-4358-4FB3-8FE8-E0DC1C482D68.png

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chloride is never a concern if salinity is OK.

Your aluminum is no concern.

The copper may be a tad high, but I doubt that is the concern. I've had mine higher than that without apparent issue.

Zinc might be a concern. I'd look for metal parts in an around the water.

Nothing else jumps out at me.

U

User1

View Badges
The chloride is never a concern if salinity is OK.

Your aluminum is no concern.

The copper may be a tad high, but I doubt that is the concern. I've had mine higher than that without apparent issue.

Zinc might be a concern. I'd look for metal parts in an around the water.

Nothing else jumps out at me.

I was going to ask about the carbonate hardness / dkh value. It seems lower than NSW. Also I recall once that ATI reported my salinity out of bounds but lower. The lads here in this sub forum recommended using a reference and/or calibration. Ever since I've not had that problem after correcting that mistake.

OP - do you have a recent ALK test? Also what did ATI recommend. Usually there is a tab/page that lists this and I'd be curious what they suggested.

OP
OP
InvaderJim

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to ask about the carbonate hardness / dkh value. It seems lower than NSW. Also I recall once that ATI reported my salinity out of bounds but lower. The lads here in this sub forum recommended using a reference and/or calibration. Ever since I've not had that problem after correcting that mistake.

OP - do you have a recent ALK test? Also what did ATI recommend. Usually there is a tab/page that lists this and I'd be curious what they suggested.
I don't have a recent one. The samples that were tested for that I collected on December 15th, so the likelyhood of it being similar are slim. My alk has never been that low when I've tested it though. The only thing they recommended was doing iodine at 0.02 mL for 2 days

U

User1

View Badges
I don't have a recent one. The samples that were tested for that I collected on December 15th, so the likelyhood of it being similar are slim. My alk has never been that low when I've tested it though. The only thing they recommended was doing iodine at 0.02 mL for 2 days

Makes sense, and thanks. Was just curious.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back