ATI Nutrition CNP?

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you tell us about this? There's very little information on your website about the product and how it is used. I assume it is some form of carbon dosing with Nitrate and Phosphate for balance?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Griff500,

This is method of managing nutrients. You would only ever use 2 at a time.

For example, if you had high phosphates but low nitrates you would dose N and C. This would give you both Nitrates and Phosphates so the C - Carbon would allow bacterial growth that would lower phosphates. You would do the opposite for high nitrates. If both phosphates and nitrates are elevated you would just dose C.

OP
OP
G

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. So it's carbon dosing.

It seems the 'C' is not yet available in the UK but I'm told it will be in a few weeks.

Have you produced a guide yet for use of the product as I looked but couldn't see anything for the carbon dosing part of it. I have seen the N and P dosing guides and I understand the reasons for using each.

Are you going to be able to give some idea of what form of carbon this uses?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The C is not yet available here either, in fact until it is we aren't bringing in any of it. Once the C is available we will launch all 3 in North America.

I am unaware of what will be in the C except that it will not contain alcohol.

Manics1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the C, N and P is available has anyone any experience with this stuff?

Is it recommended to use any po4 media in the tank or do you let this stuff do it's stuff?

How often is it recommended to test for po4 and no3?

Cheers for any help......

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the C, N and P is available has anyone any experience with this stuff?

Is it recommended to use any po4 media in the tank or do you let this stuff do it's stuff?

How often is it recommended to test for po4 and no3?

Cheers for any help......

In my honest opinion I’ve used N with poor results, I had an issue with low no3 and found myself dosing a full bottle a month to try and keep nitrates detectable. Obviously had to find an alternative as it was too costly for me. Did email ATI to ask for some guidance but no reply to date.

Manics1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm. I've been in touch with ATI in Germany, they responded pretty quickly to my initial questions. Let's see if there's any more response/experiences on here.
Thanks for yours.

OP
OP
G

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it and I'm perfectly happy with it. It's being used to raise nutrient levels as I couldn't get any Nitrate of Phosphate readings. Unless you are trying to get rid of a significant imbalance of Phosphate you shouldn't need to use GFO.

I've no idea about how often it might be recommended to test. As often as you want?

Manics1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers pal, gotta give it a go, love the idea of the calculator, have ordered some.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my honest opinion I’ve used N with poor results, I had an issue with low no3 and found myself dosing a full bottle a month to try and keep nitrates detectable. Obviously had to find an alternative as it was too costly for me. Did email ATI to ask for some guidance but no reply to date.
Whom did you email? I have not received any email of this nature but perhaps you are outside N. America.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's Sodium Nitrate? Just wondering if I can use it with ATI Essentials and no water changes without elevating levels of Potassium or Calcium.

It is 100% designed for use with ATI Essentails Pro and will not elevate Potassium or Calcium.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the CNP components need to be refrigerated or stirred before dosing? I'm considering using all three in diluted solutions for automated dosing.

Once mixed you should be good to go, it won't settle out or need refrigerated.

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once mixed you should be good to go, it won't settle out or need refrigerated.
Sounds great! Going from the information on your website it sounds like I should regard these as more of a coral food or amino acid supplement, rather than to manipulate nitrate and phosphate levels in the tank. That is best done with other nitrate/phosphate additives. Is that correct?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great! Going from the information on your website it sounds like I should regard these as more of a coral food or amino acid supplement, rather than to manipulate nitrate and phosphate levels in the tank. That is best done with other nitrate/phosphate additives. Is that correct?

I am not sure what other nitrate/phosphate additives you speak of, but you are incorrect, this product is specifically designed to manage nutrients.

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not sure what other nitrate/phosphate additives you speak of, but you are incorrect, this product is specifically designed to manage nutrients.
Maybe I misunderstand your website. The Nutrition calculator page says “
ATI Nutrition should not be used
for the purposeful increase of the nutrient values. Only if the Nutritions are overdosed it comes to an increase of the nutrient values.” I understand that to mean that I should use sodium nitrate or other additives if I want to raise nitrate or phosphate levels, and then to use Nutrition after that to maintain levels. Is that not correct? Should I use Nutrition components to manipulate nitrate and phosphate levels directly?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back