ATI Nutrition CNP?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot speak to the German site. Please review ours.

NPC.JPG

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please see the image I attached previously. Per my discussions with Dr Ben and how he designed the product what you are quoting is counter to what we are promoting. I recommend emailing [email protected] since I am unable to change the German website.

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of creating another thread, maybe others can interpret what it is saying you should do. Find it very critic.
The recommendation says to dose Manganese and Flourine. However I get the Manganese it says 1 dose of 0.55ml per day. However the Flourine says 4 doses of 13.63 doeses. Which just this by itself would mean break up the full amount of 54.52 and divide by 4 times and dose this throughout the day.

But then you get this *NOTE: Only dose 1x per day per supplement should be made.. Which I think only causes confusion. when you have the recommendation already telling you how many doses to carry out.

Annotation 2019-10-19 104415.png

Am I over thinking this?

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please see the image I attached previously. Per my discussions with Dr Ben and how he designed the product what you are quoting is counter to what we are promoting. I recommend emailing [email protected] since I am unable to change the German website.
I had a good email conversation with ATI in Germany and asked if the Nutrition products should be used to raise/lower nitrate & phosphate levels, or if they should be used as a coral “food” product instead. Mr. Dietmar Pauly sent me this reply:

”Our Nutritions are designed to provide the inhabitants of the aquarium with a constant and regular food source. They are not intended to boost individual nutrients (such as nitrate or phosphate), but can be used to alter a slightly elevated or slightly reduced food supply. The Nutritions offered in the USA are identical in content to those in Germany.”

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a good email conversation with ATI in Germany and asked if the Nutrition products should be used to raise/lower nitrate & phosphate levels, or if they should be used as a coral “food” product instead. Mr. Dietmar Pauly sent me this reply:

”Our Nutritions are designed to provide the inhabitants of the aquarium with a constant and regular food source. They are not intended to boost individual nutrients (such as nitrate or phosphate), but can be used to alter a slightly elevated or slightly reduced food supply. The Nutritions offered in the USA are identical in content to those in Germany.”
I also think they explain this verry wierd. They give us this image when it says phosphates and Nitrates too high? Dose carbon... But hey, when are my Nitrates and phosphates too high? What is the exact number I should chase for Nitrates and phosphates? Is this designed to run Nitrates and phosphates at 0 and dose the cnp to not let the corals die?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think they explain this verry wierd. They give us this image when it says phosphates and Nitrates too high? Dose carbon... But hey, when are my Nitrates and phosphates too high? What is the exact number I should chase for Nitrates and phosphates? Is this designed to run Nitrates and phosphates at 0 and dose the cnp to not let the corals die?

Perhaps you would find the calculator that answers this question useful? Answer the questions then proceed to the section with 3 columns for how much of each to dose.

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I've seen the calculator but what are the goal numbers I should chase for in Nitrates and phosphates? The calculator only shows the amount to dose right? Or am I doing something wrong

The goal is shown in the ICP results. The second column is the target value.
Example: https://lab.atiaquaristik.com/view/66594

Bump.... I have the same question as my nitrates are are not deductible on the ICP test.

Please use ATI ICP and you will receive results.
(You are correct they are not done on the ICP, they are provided using Ion chromatography, specifically the Metrohm 930 Compact IC Flex, tests for both fluoride and nitrate. We calibrate this machine multiple times per day to ensure the absolute best results. )

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for the response. Deductible = detectable. I have my icp test and it does show i am nitrate deficient. I have diluted the ATI nitrogen 1/3 and dosing over 120 ml per day and still no detectable nitrate.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for the response. Deductible = detectable. I have my icp test and it does show i am nitrate deficient. I have diluted the ATI nitrogen 1/3 and dosing over 120 ml per day and still no detectable nitrate.

The goal is to feed your coral which it sounds like you are doing. You can likely increase your dosage if you aren't getting any detectable nitrates.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any specific data regarding the potency, if you are looking for something specific such as dose X raise Xppm I will have to look into it with the Lab in Germany.

tatore67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious to know: if I see that, example, today I do have 1,0 of PO4 (but yesterday was 0.05), I assume I do have to re-arrange the dosage. But do I have to check it every...day? Or...? Mi tank is very small, 40liters. Full of corals, NO3 0,0

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any specific data regarding the potency, if you are looking for something specific such as dose X raise Xppm I will have to look into it with the Lab in Germany.
hello i have a question, my Nitrate are around 4,5 and my phosphate around 0,08-0,1. So both a little to high, theoricaly I should dose only the C but the calcultor show me C 0,86 and N 0,14 why he want me to dose N as i have already to much??

JorgeS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello i have a question, my Nitrate are around 4,5 and my phosphate around 0,08-0,1. So both a little to high, theoricaly I should dose only the C but the calcultor show me C 0,86 and N 0,14 why he want me to dose N as i have already to much??
I don’t think your Nitrate or your PO4 are a little too high. Maybe I would aim PO4 at 0.05-0.08, but just to be on the safe side. I wouldn’t dose anything if I were you. The days when we aimed at near cero values are long gone. Take a look at what some of the most renamed aquarists are doing and you’ll be surprised!

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think your Nitrate or your PO4 are a little too high. Maybe I would aim PO4 at 0.05-0.08, but just to be on the safe side. I wouldn’t dose anything if I were you. The days when we aimed at near cero values are long gone. Take a look at what some of the most renamed aquarists are doing and you’ll be surprised!

thanks interesting article, but not all of this thanks are same i want, some have good grow but colors soso... i see that those who have low alk also most of time run low phosphate 0,015- 0,04 , where those who have higher alk run more high phosphate and nitrate. My goal was the keep nitrate under 5 and phosphate around 0,02

M

Max_nano

View Badges
I have been using this for a few weeks now. I test each week a day after my weekly water change and set my dosing to the levels the calculator says. It’s easy and I’m seeing improved polyp extensions as my nitrates are rising (flow has been changed as well which may also be contributing)

I’ve played with the calculator and it seems to recommend PO4 around .06-.08 ppm and nitrates around 1ppm

I had been dosing sodium nitrate before, but appreciate the dosing calculator telling me what to dose each week. I’m still working to get nitrate up but after raising the dose recently I expect to start dosing the C. I’m a little worried that’s going to send my nutrients down but I’m gonna trust the system and see what happens

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using this for a few weeks now. I test each week a day after my weekly water change and set my dosing to the levels the calculator says. It’s easy and I’m seeing improved polyp extensions as my nitrates are rising (flow has been changed as well which may also be contributing)

I’ve played with the calculator and it seems to recommend PO4 around .06-.08 ppm and nitrates around 1ppm

I had been dosing sodium nitrate before, but appreciate the dosing calculator telling me what to dose each week. I’m still working to get nitrate up but after raising the dose recently I expect to start dosing the C. I’m a little worried that’s going to send my nutrients down but I’m gonna trust the system and see what happens

C will feed your corals as well as the bacteria (which causes the reduction of nutrients). Corals should out compete the bacteria so if C is very limited you shouldn't hopefully see a big reduction in nutrients if dosed as instructed.

Back