Ati Powermodule 6x80 watt T5 it's enough light for all SPS?

It's enough light?

• Yes

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try 2x blue plus, 2x coral plus, 1x whatever their 6500k is and 1x True Actinic. 50/50 mix of C+ and B+ is pretty popular, but it is a bit too blue for me. I like the 6500k and true actinic have more spectrum that the C+ and B+ do not have.

Take all of this with a grain of salt. I mostly use Metal Halides. I have used T5s but not nearly as much. I still use T5s over fuges and some frag tanks, but that is exclusively 6500k since growing things and rendering color is paramount and I don't care how they are illuminated - I can put them in one of the tanks with MH to see that.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very personal. I like many different combinations and used so many for years and years... best way is to get at last 3 ATI Blue Plus bulbs for the basis of your light and try some "white" lights, like KZ Coral Light, KZ Coral Light 2nd Gen (bluer), and ATI Coral Plus. For that yellower punch an gowth you could add one GE6500K. It's basically trying bulbs that you will get what you want. Very personal...

OP
OP
A

Anxur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very personal. I like many different combinations and used so many for years and years... best way is to get at last 3 ATI Blue Plus bulbs for the basis of your light and try some "white" lights, like KZ Coral Light, KZ Coral Light 2nd Gen (bluer), and ATI Coral Plus. For that yellower punch an gowth you could add one GE6500K. It's basically trying bulbs that you will get what you want. Very personal...
Why not Aquablu Special?
Coralplus is better?

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 Blue Plus and 3 Coral Plus to start. Grab an extra Coral Plus if you find it too blue
This combo worked for me. IME four bulbs would work with proper placement of coral. But, yea if stuff doesn’t thrive,it’s not the light.

Are you hanging or going in canopy? In canopy it’s easy enough to add some led for a little shimmer. Hanging will cost $$ to have something look presentable, in my wife’s opinion.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually use 2 Blue Plus, 2 Coral Plus, an Actinic and a 3500 K bulb in my Sunpower to try to cover both ends of the spectrum. It gives a 10K look to the tank.

OP
OP
A

Anxur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 Blue Plus and 3 Coral Plus to start. Grab an extra Coral Plus if you find it too blue

I did like you advise me...
3 blu plus and 3 coral plus

It seems a little little to azure.. But if this light and spectrum I can grow up sps coral.. Ok..

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 blue+, 1 65k, 1 purple
This was always my favorite 6 bulb combo. You can expect par over 500 on the top of your tank with this light. I always loved the dense growth from t5 with a blanket of light.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did like you advise me...
3 blu plus and 3 coral plus

It seems a little little to azure.. But if this light and spectrum I can grow up sps coral.. Ok..
If it's too blue for you, you can swap one of the bulbs for an Aquablue special. It's more of a daylight bulb than the C+. Changing a B+ for an AB special will be a drastic difference.

If you want more yellow, then Giesemann Super Flora is basically a freshwater planted tank look.

OP
OP
A

Anxur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's too blue for you, you can swap one of the bulbs for an Aquablue special. It's more of a daylight bulb than the C+. Changing a B+ for an AB special will be a drastic difference.

If you want more yellow, then Giesemann Super Flora is basically a freshwater planted tank look.
Tomorrow I'll try

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget that the bulb placement within the fixture will effect how the tank looks to our eyes. It will not matter to the coral.

For instance,
If you put a blue+ in the first socket, and a purple+ in the second, the tank will look quite blue. But put a purple+ in the first socket, and and the blue+ in the second it will look way more white to our eyes, but not change the spectrum for the corals.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back