ATI Powermodule with 8x T5 or DIY 8x T5 and 2x Kessil A360X ??

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the looks of the ATI Powermodule, but I’m not sure how the LED’s of the Powermodule compare to the LED’s of the Kessil A360X.

I love the Kessil for its simplicity of setting it up - the spectrum is optimized at any color setting to get the best coral growth and I love how their LED’s are disco-ball-effect free.

Are the ATI LED’s comparable to the Kessil A360X in regards to those two areas?

I know the Kessil is a 90 watt LED while the ATI Powermodule uses a 75 watt LED. I’m not too worried about difference in wattage, I’ll just run the LED’s on the ATI a little longer.

In case it makes a difference, I’m lighting a 115-ish gallon tank that measures 36” long x 26” wide x 28” tall. It will be an SPS only tank, with most colonies being about 12” - 20” below the surface of the water.

Thanks!!
0303120E-9DE3-4A32-8B86-935D7BFB1594.gif

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the looks of the ATI Powermodule, but I’m not sure how the LED’s of the Powermodule compare to the LED’s of the Kessil A360X.

I love the Kessil for its simplicity of setting it up - the spectrum is optimized at any color setting to get the best coral growth and I love how their LED’s are disco-ball-effect free.

Are the ATI LED’s comparable to the Kessil A360X in regards to those two areas?

I know the Kessil is a 90 watt LED while the ATI Powermodule uses a 75 watt LED. I’m not too worried about difference in wattage, I’ll just run the LED’s on the ATI a little longer.

In case it makes a difference, I’m lighting a 115-ish gallon tank that measures 36” long x 26” wide x 28” tall. It will be an SPS only tank, with most colonies being about 12” - 20” below the surface of the water.

Thanks!!
0303120E-9DE3-4A32-8B86-935D7BFB1594.gif
Go with the Powermodule.

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5 will be doing the majority of the work for coral in either case so I wouldn't worry which grows stuff better. Kessil will probably give the better in-tank look with its shimmer while the ATI will give the cleaner above-tank look. Which is more important to you?

KyOsIBa515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is the option of buying dimmable ATI sunpower and retrofit the 2 Kessils for supplemental light and good shimmer. It obviously isn’t as clean looking as just the powermodule but some have done it and if done right and done with symmetry the kessils do not look bad attatched to the fixture.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back