Kessil a360x or Ap9x

Wizard677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some lighting advice on a Reefer 350. I recently attempted to upgrade 2 Reefled 90s to 2 Radion xr15 G6. After the install I was extremely disappointed in the Radions coloring (personal preference). The seating position is low to the tank so the Radions are extremely blinding to the viewer, the Reef leds were not. With the lights side by side the ReefLed coloring was much more vivid with more "Pop". I really didn't like the shimmer of the G6. I felt like the Radions lite up the glass more than the inside of the tank. So, I'm thinking Kessils are the way to go. I have 0 experience with Kessil lights. I like the idea of wifi control, similar shimmer, coloring. I believe there is a light "shade" for the a360x incase of blinding light. I run it on a mixed reef. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Considering A360x tuna blue, AP9X.....any other options or suggestions?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think a couple 360x's with Quanta Pro bars would do the job. If you want only Kessil's, then you'll need at least 3 for decent coverage. If you combine them with some LED bars, you can mount them higher and use the 55 degree lenses to reduce light spill and the bars will make up the loss coverage if too narrow. Or you could use two 500x's mounted higher with 55 lenses.

OP
OP
Wizard677

Wizard677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a couple 360x's with Quanta Pro bars would do the job. If you want only Kessil's, then you'll need at least 3 for decent coverage. If you combine them with some LED bars, you can mount them higher and use the 55 degree lenses to reduce light spill and the bars will make up the loss coverage if too narrow. Or you could use two 500x's mounted higher with 55 lenses.
Thanks for the info, going to look into Quanta Pro bars!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back