ATI SunPower — Will Reef Brite LumiLite Pro Attach?

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at supplementing my six-bulb ATI Sunpower with LED strips to help illuminate a handful of Acropora teunis frags in the late evenings. I have a 40gal breeder, so the height is only 16". I use three ATI Blue Plus bulbs and three ATI Coral Plus bulbs, which I am quite happy with. So, I was looking at the Reef Brite LumiLite Pro and the Reef Brite XHO models. I know that the XHO will attach cleanly to the SunPower, but I haven't seen the same for the LumiLite Pro.

Does anyone know if the LumiLite Pro attaches to the SunPower in the same way that the XHO does, using the factory screw holes, without drilling into the housing of the SunPower?

I am not convinced that I need the XHO model because my tank is shallow, so I don't want to add a significant amount of PAR to the already-sufficient PAR that the SunPower provides. I simply want to achieve late-evening fluorescence of some corals. So, it seems that purchasing two units of the LumiLite Pro may be the best option, but I don't want to do so and realize that I need to modify my SunPower only after I receive the lights.

If you have an ATI fixture with a LumiLite Pro attached, then I'd be quite grateful to learn about your experiences.

Thank you!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think BRS sells the LumiLite Pro, so I would ask them.
I use a pair of the XHO blue fixtures on both my ATI T5 fixtures.
I love the color.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a response from BRS stating that they will fit the SunPower just the same as the XHOs do. :)

I use a pair of the XHO blue fixtures on both my ATI T5 fixtures.
I love the color.
I will take a look at your build thread because I am quite interested in them. Thanks for sharing.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just received a response from BRS stating that they will fit the SunPower just the same as the XHOs do. :)

I will take a look at your build thread because I am quite interested in them. Thanks for sharing.

Glad they will work for you.

On most of my tank pictures I usually edit the light fixtures out of the picture because of the glare from them.

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow 6 bulbs t5 are not enough for your tank? Is it par or spectrums wise that insufficient?

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow 6 bulbs t5 are not enough for your tank? Is it par or spectrums wise that insufficient?
The SunPower is more than sufficient, but I have some corals that fluoresce incredibly well under LEDs but not under the T5s. I’d like to add the LEDs to provide that fluorescence in the late evenings, after the T5s turn off. I want my T5s to provide the growth, and I want the LEDs to provided a bit of ‘pop’ during the evening hours.

I’m beginning to fall in love with Acropora that look best under daylight color temperatures, but I still like the fluorescence that some of the corals display under LEDs.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SunPower is more than sufficient, but I have some corals that fluoresce incredibly well under LEDs but not under the T5s. I’d like to add the LEDs to provide that fluorescence in the late evenings, after the T5s turn off. I want my T5s to provide the growth, and I want the LEDs to provided a bit of ‘pop’ during the evening hours.

I’m beginning to fall in love with Acropora that look best under daylight color temperatures, but I still like the fluorescence that some of the corals display under LEDs.
If you had any issues, I’m sure you could build brackets to connect to the ati. How hot does the housing get? I’m assuming pretty hot...

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had any issues, I’m sure you could build brackets to connect to the ati. How hot does the housing get? I’m assuming pretty hot...
If the XHOs are anything like their metal halide housings, they don't get hot. I met Tulio at RAP Chicago last year, and the metal halide fixture they had running was nothing like the metal halide fixtures that I recall. I was able to place my hand on it for quite some time without any issue.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the XHOs are anything like their metal halide housings, they don't get hot. I met Tulio at RAP Chicago last year, and the metal halide fixture they had running was nothing like the metal halide fixtures that I recall. I was able to place my hand on it for quite some time without any issue.
if You are worried about mounting, you could also always build a floating canopy and mount the reefbrites into that and hang the ati in there as well. Kinda like the brs tank. You should be able to build wood brackets as well and mount those to the ati with the existing mounting holes.

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok now that make.sense.

I don't have that problem luciky since i use ATI powermodule that had bulit in LED for blue light viewing pleasure.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a pic of what I’m talking about for reference:)

6CC0E721-22B1-45D2-ACE3-D5CC1340DE78.jpeg

Back