Reef brite XHO with Kessil a360x

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks great and it was nice to see how the reefbrite setup works with the kessils in practice. I was going to hang everything from the kessil arms since they're bolted into my stand. I still love my kessils though and who knows, I may still use them on the tank if I can find a practical way to do it. You can do literally anything with a careful walk through home depot. LOL
Thanks! I had the goosenecks, so the hanging fixture was the best choice for me. But I wasn’t satisfied with the cheap hardware kit that came with the fixture, so I opted for chains.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just adding to the list of suggesting Quanta bars over the XHOs. I recently switched from XHOs to Meso Blue Pros. The Quatas have more intensity, better spectrum and some shimmer (which I was not expecting and pleasantly surprised by). Spread and dimmability are the only advantages the XHOs have over the Quantas. Now that I have the Quantas I no longer care about dimmability, so that advantage is no longer important to me. I have two bars and just stagger when they turn on/off. I also shortened my photo period a bit. Also, the owner (Luca) was more than helpful when I was deciding on which spectrum to go with in my setup.

Here's what happened to my XHOs after a mere three years:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back