Reef brite XHO with Kessil a360x

  • Thread starter Thread starter AirIck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It looks great and it was nice to see how the reefbrite setup works with the kessils in practice. I was going to hang everything from the kessil arms since they're bolted into my stand. I still love my kessils though and who knows, I may still use them on the tank if I can find a practical way to do it. You can do literally anything with a careful walk through home depot. LOL
Thanks! I had the goosenecks, so the hanging fixture was the best choice for me. But I wasn’t satisfied with the cheap hardware kit that came with the fixture, so I opted for chains.
 
Just adding to the list of suggesting Quanta bars over the XHOs. I recently switched from XHOs to Meso Blue Pros. The Quatas have more intensity, better spectrum and some shimmer (which I was not expecting and pleasantly surprised by). Spread and dimmability are the only advantages the XHOs have over the Quantas. Now that I have the Quantas I no longer care about dimmability, so that advantage is no longer important to me. I have two bars and just stagger when they turn on/off. I also shortened my photo period a bit. Also, the owner (Luca) was more than helpful when I was deciding on which spectrum to go with in my setup.

Here's what happened to my XHOs after a mere three years:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-brite-xho-short-life-span.1024207/
 
Just adding to the list of suggesting Quanta bars over the XHOs. I recently switched from XHOs to Meso Blue Pros. The Quatas have more intensity, better spectrum and some shimmer (which I was not expecting and pleasantly surprised by). Spread and dimmability are the only advantages the XHOs have over the Quantas. Now that I have the Quantas I no longer care about dimmability, so that advantage is no longer important to me. I have two bars and just stagger when they turn on/off. I also shortened my photo period a bit. Also, the owner (Luca) was more than helpful when I was deciding on which spectrum to go with in my setup.

Here's what happened to my XHOs after a mere three years:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-brite-xho-short-life-span.1024207/
Just wish those quanta were offered in nano sizes like Reef Brite does.
 
I would buy Quanta Pro bars over XHO's all day long. XHO's are grossly overpriced for what they are and how they're built. Get some Meso Blues and enjoy the tank.
Unfortunately they don't currently make them shorter than 2 feet, and there is no Kessil mounting option.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new