ATI Sunpower doesn't always come on?

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all,

I have a 4 bulb ATI Sunpower connected to an Apex controller that doesn't always fire up. Sometimes all is ok for a month, then neither set, and once in awhile one set. If they are set to on in the apex, most times I can go into the app, slide the bulbs to off, slide them on, and they will come on. Then all of a sudden everything is ok for a few more months.

I've tried multiple outlets with the same results, is it safe to assume that the ballasts need to be replaced?

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the ballast is on its way out.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the age of your fixture it may be corrosion on your end cap. The contacts get weak due to corrosion and sliding it in and out scrapes off a little and makes a "fresh" contact by exposing some copper. I've had people remove all their end caps and soak them in something like Tarn X to remove the corrosion with good success. End caps come out pretty easy once you take the end plates off. If you do that, be sure you keep the end caps straight, putting the wrong one on the wrong end will foul up the cooling system.

OP
OP
alten78

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fixture has some years on it and the end caps were pretty funky, threw them into the wife's jewelry cleaner and they came out sparkling, all copper contacts look brand new and so far the lights are coming on and off each time I cycle the power...fingers crossed that this was the issue!

Thanks again and if does revert back to turning on i'll replace the ballasts.

Back