ATI Sunpower over a 24" deep tank?

octoberfest

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
205
Reaction score
4
Location
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 93 gallon cube and I'm considering using an ATI Sunpower 8 bulbs fixture over it and have two questions.

1. The tank is 24" tall but i have a 4" to 5" sandbed. Will these be enough (using ATI Bulbs) to keep a Haddoni and chalices on the sandbed? The rest will be mainly LPS but they'll be up higher.

2. The tank has a 30"X30" footprint. Will a 24" fixture reach the sides of the tank or is this not going to work?
 
It will work great. I have the same fixture over a 150 gallon dimensions 60L x 24 x 24.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
 
I agree, monitor your livestock really closely. It may be too much light. What type of lighting will you be coming from
 
I have a ati powermodule which is slightly more powerful and I have had to raise mine up.... Its allot of light.
 
I would think that the 6 bulb fixture would be enough. Just a cost saving option unless you already have the light. I would just mount it a little high.
 
Par readings

It is a pretty powerful light. I borrowed a par meter last year and got these readings:


DSC08127ARW.jpg




What is interesting is when I lowered it, I actually got lower Par readings in some areas.


DSC08127ARW-1.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new