ATI SunPower: PAR Values, Color Combos, and LED Comparison

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Good video but in all the bulb combinations I see the same bulb combo name in the same order. Could you correct the bulb combination for the diffrent kelvins.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
What a coincidence

Did you just get a SunPower?

Very informative thanks for your efforts MarineDepot.

You are very welcome! Thanks so much for watching and for your kind words.

Good video but in all the bulb combinations I see the same bulb combo name in the same order. Could you correct the bulb combination for the diffrent kelvins.

We feel awfully embarrassed about that mistake. We considered re-releasing the video, but since it has a contest associated with it and people were already participating at that point, it felt like the opportunity passed us by. We did correct the bulb combinations in the Facebook version of the video.

HERE ARE THE CORRECT BULB COMBINATIONS:
  • 10K White: 3x Blue Plus, 2x AquaBlue Special, 1x Purple Plus
  • 14K Moderate Blue: 3x Blue Plus, 2x Coral Plus, 1x Coral Plus
  • 20K Heavy Blue: 4x Blue Plus, 1x Coral Plus, 1x Purple Plus

Here is a downloadable PDF with 4, 6, and 8 bulb fixture combinations to reference as well.

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Did you guys consider what bulbs turn on in each cord to make the bulb combination for example

On a 6 bulb combination for 14k look you have a coral plus and a blue plus in one cord is that alright if you use that cord to start the morning rise

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Did you guys consider what bulbs turn on in each cord to make the bulb combination for example

On a 6 bulb combination for 14k look you have a coral plus and a blue plus in one cord is that alright if you use that cord to start the morning rise

Generally speaking, sunrise and sunset is accomplished by starting and ending the day with BLUE colored bulbs only but you could certainly start with any bulbs you would like. The main idea is to gradually increase the intensity of light just like what would occur in nature. I would say, use whatever two bulbs you want to see in the tank first and the heavy blue color usually makes for some impressive fluorescence.

One thing to consider here is that you are limited with the two channels and cannot change which sockets they control. Therefore, the order you place the lamps in the fixture to acheive an even color spectrum over your tank is important and will then dictate the two bulbs that come on first.

Feel free to let us know if you have more questions!

-Robert @ MD

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Great video! I've always wondered the approximate par readings from an ATI. I have an ATI/Nanobox LED hybrid and haven't gotten my hands on a par meter yet to figure it out.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Great video! I've always wondered the approximate par readings from an ATI. I have an ATI/Nanobox LED hybrid and haven't gotten my hands on a par meter yet to figure it out.
Thanks for watching! We were pretty impressed at the consistently high PAR values through the different bulb combinations. The Seneye Reef Monitor has been working great for taking PAR values and is affordable.

-Robert @ MD

naecO rM

View Badges
Reaction score
Did you just get a SunPower?

You are very welcome! Thanks so much for watching and for your kind words.

We feel awfully embarrassed about that mistake. We considered re-releasing the video, but since it has a contest associated with it and people were already participating at that point, it felt like the opportunity passed us by. We did correct the bulb combinations in the Facebook version of the video.

HERE ARE THE CORRECT BULB COMBINATIONS:
  • 10K White: 3x Blue Plus, 2x AquaBlue Special, 1x Purple Plus
  • 14K Moderate Blue: 3x Blue Plus, 2x Coral Plus, 1x Coral Plus
  • 20K Heavy Blue: 4x Blue Plus, 1x Coral Plus, 1x Purple Plus

Here is a downloadable PDF with 4, 6, and 8 bulb fixture combinations to reference as well.
Sorry, in 14KK is the mistake . 3xBlue Plus, 2x Coral Plus, 1x Coral Plus.
Last 1x Coral plus gonna be 1x Purple plus.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 117 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back