ATI test results - good and bad

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2023
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
9,622
Location
Durham, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I just received my ATI test results back today and their is more good than bad. We have a few things that are not balanced but I think we could definitely fix it.
The first thing that is not good is the Strontium is a bit high in my tank. IDK why but it’s supposed to be at 7.94mg/1 but it’s at 10.92. Water changes should help right?
Second is my Iodine levels. Not good. Very low at 17.63ug/l when it should really be 63.72. What’s the best way to fix this? What do i dose and how much?
Third is the Zinc is low. Not detectable but should be at 1.96ug/l. What should i do about that?
4th is Barium. It is at 49.45ug/l but should be at 9.8. Dose anything?

Those are the main problems at the moment. What do you recommend?
I have a 2 that are a bit low and they are Manganese and Iron.

Here are the pictures of the results if you want to take a look.

Thank you

IMG_0004.png IMG_0005.jpeg IMG_0006.jpeg
 
Manganese, iron, and iodine will almost always come back low. They are rapidly utilized in our systems. You can dose them daily if you’d like.

Strontium, barium, and zinc are fine. No need to do anything drastic with those. Again, zinc can be dosed daily and you can observe if you see any differences but I never saw any difference dosing it for more than 2 years and then stopping.
 
Manganese, iron, and iodine will almost always come back low. They are rapidly utilized in our systems. You can dose them daily if you’d like.

Strontium, barium, and zinc are fine. No need to do anything drastic with those. Again, zinc can be dosed daily and you can observe if you see any differences but I never saw any difference dosing it for more than 2 years and then stopping.
I think it might be a good idea dose iodine. What should I use to dose it? What about manganese and iron how do I dose those?

Why would my barium be so high?
 
you should look into reef moonshine.. it’s a program that guides you to daily dosing your trace elements.
I will look into it. Do you have to pay?
 
I think it might be a good idea dose iodine. What should I use to dose it? What about manganese and iron how do I dose those?

Why would my barium be so high?
Seachem Reef Iodide. Few drops a day is a good start. No idea on barium. Could be salt. Could be food. Could be something else. It’s not a concern.


I will look into it. Do you have to pay?

Yes, and it’s quite expensive to get started
 
Seachem Reef Iodide. Few drops a day is a good start. No idea on barium. Could be salt. Could be food. Could be something else. It’s not a concern.




Yes, and it’s quite expensive to get started
I will order some iodine now. Thanks

What exactly does the moonshiners do?
 
I think I will go ahead and dose for iodine but is it worth dosing for zinc, iron and manganese?
 
I’ve never been successful with SPS until I started following the moonshine program
Ok I will look into it thanks.

But is it worth dosing for zinc, iron and manganese? like do things in the tank use them?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new