ATI test results. Looking for opinions

Jpuck18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Just got results from ATI labs and they don't seem too bad. Should I be concerned about the si and tin levels? Does anything else look bad in here? I know phosphates are low but tell all my gha that. Lol.
I been having a hard time keeping any torches alive yet all other Euphyllia are thriving.

Link to test results
//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/1ea1d44e7aa58d1ac02f

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

I have never ran one. I will say I see a majority of the results on our forum coming back with the same elevated markers. I cannot remember it ever being a concern. There were a few things mentioned like bio pure products but I am going off rust memory. I alway run either a product like Meta-sorb, purigen or chemipad.

Am I reading calcium wrong at 285? Like you mentioned you Po4 is low since it is probably be used by the gha before being read in the water column.

It sounds like the tank is going good and the torches are being a pain in the rear. Is anything else irritating them? Try a dip? They newer or anything else new in the tank. They dying quick or slow? May be something other than water parameters we could look into such as lighting or flow.

OP
OP
Jpuck18

Jpuck18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That calcium reading is way off. So I'm ignoring that part of the results its actually at 471. My phosphates were low even before the gha even started. Latest test was phosphate. 03 and nitrate 3.5.
I had two torches die right after each other. One I had for a year and it slowly died over a week or two. The 2nd torch was only about 3 weeks old and went full rtn in about 2 days. Flow seemed ok for them. They weren't whipping around in the current but still had a constant gyre flow. They were right next to a frogspawn that won't stop growing. I also had a green plate that started to lose tissue but just when I was about to give up on it. It's coming back. I did catch a peppermint shrimp chowing down on top of that. So Im not blaming anything parameter wise for the plate. Lighting is 2 radion 30 pro g4 over 48x24 tank. Torches were kept on the bottom (I gotta recheck par).

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That calcium reading is way off. So I'm ignoring that part of the results its actually at 471. My phosphates were low even before the gha even started. Latest test was phosphate. 03 and nitrate 3.5.
I had two torches die right after each other. One I had for a year and it slowly died over a week or two. The 2nd torch was only about 3 weeks old and went full rtn in about 2 days.
why do you think the lab is off and not you? That's a concerning reading.
If I saw that I would get a different CA test kit. That lab has always been spot-on for my readings.
Your iodine is also low. If you are having trouble with torches you should correct both parameters.

OP
OP
Jpuck18

Jpuck18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why do you think the lab is off and not you? That's a concerning reading.
If I saw that I would get a different CA test kit. That lab has always been spot-on for my readings.
Your iodine is also low. If you are having trouble with torches you should correct both parameters.
Trident CA reading 471. Hanna reading 484. Red sea kit reading 440. So which do I replace? I'm seriously confused with that reading.
I already started dosing iodine again , had no idea that was going to be low. I hadn't added any for about 2 or 3 weeks prior to test sample.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident CA reading 471. Hanna reading 484. Red sea kit reading 440. So which do I replace? I'm seriously confused with that reading.
I already started dosing iodine again , had no idea that was going to be low. I hadn't added any for about 2 or 3 weeks prior to test sample.
wow, Ok so i would throw that out too. So sad not to be able to trust the ICP :(

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no real opinion if you should be concerned or not but was curious to somthing else. Do you or have you dosed h2o2 into your tank? Some are stabilized with tin.

OP
OP
Jpuck18

Jpuck18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no real opinion if you should be concerned or not but was curious to somthing else. Do you or have you dosed h2o2 into your tank? Some are stabilized with tin.

Yes I have. I was spot treating some of the algae. 1ml per 10 gal. That's very interesting and would explain that because I only have 3 magnets in the tank and they all looked fine and sealed. (mp40, gyre 330 and frag rack) no other metal besides titanium heaters.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back