ATI True Actinic thoughts?

I have giesemann super actinic purple right now and two ati blue plus with my 2 250 w halides, 14k.....I want my corals to pop!!! kind of like the pictures you see on Instagram where the colors are just popping....which should I use to achieve this??? thanks so much
 
I have giesemann super actinic purple right now and two ati blue plus with my 2 250 w halides, 14k.....I want my corals to pop!!! kind of like the pictures you see on Instagram where the colors are just popping....which should I use to achieve this??? thanks so much

3 things:

Blue LEDs
An orange camera lens filter
Heavy use of Adobe Lightroom.

No metal halide or t5 combo will replicate that look you speak of
 
Question I have and hybrid ficture with radion g5 and 4t5.
Does it make sense that for one of the t5, I put an actinic bulb or not? or the radion has already the spectrum that has the actinic? Unfortunately on the ecotech website they not show the exact spectrum of all leds they use. If there is a plus value to ad actinic for the colors or growth of corals I would do it, but visually I prefer the blue plus or coral plus because the actinic is so dark that I can even see it when it is turn on, would it really make the corals pop more with time?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new