Ati

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rickyrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rickyrick

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
34
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a four foot 75 gallon with LEDs, wanting to get ati t5 dimmable. Would the 36 inch 6 bulb work good or would I need to go ahead and get the 48 inch? Thanks for the help!
 
If its sps dominant and you want sps end to end, you should go with the 48 inch fixture. Otherwise you can have the 36inch fixture and leave the 2 ends for low light corals like acans and chalices. Remember, the 48 inch fixture has bulbs that are about 46 inches, and the actual glass part of the bubl is about 44.5 inches. I have a 36 inch fixture and the actual lighted part of the bulb is about 32 inches. You get excellent PAR all across the bulb but as soon as you move past the edge the PAR drops.
 
I would go 48" to eliminate the shadows, on the ends of your tank, with a 36". Gives you more options and better par.
 
Thanks for the feed back! I forgot to say that I was going to use some ai primes that I have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new