ATK Alarm...

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me the proper coding to write so I can stop getting alarm messages when I am in feed more please and thanks!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe turn off the ATK before going to feed mode, or just add that command to your feed mode setup?

OP
OP
Yati

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try it.. I added the command to the ATK but I even switch the ATK to off and I still get a ton of alarm alerts...

Maybe turn off the ATK before going to feed mode, or just add that command to your feed mode setup?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will try it.. I added the command to the ATK but I even switch the ATK to off and I still get a ton of alarm alerts...
Hmmm... Definitely frustrating. I wonder if it's an issue with the alarm settings. Maybe one of our #apexusers with more knowledge of the coding than I have could help out.

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be setting up one of these soon. any notes here will help thanks for the thread. im following

OP
OP
Yati

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't be nearly as annoying if it just sent one message alert but I get about 8 or more during the feed mode cycle!

Hmmm... Definitely frustrating. I wonder if it's an issue with the alarm settings. Maybe one of our #apexusers with more knowledge of the coding than I have could help out.

OP
OP
Yati

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image-1.jpg

And if I keep scrolling there will be more!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

spifftempo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do not want to get emails alerts doing feed modes, then simply at the bottom of your email alarm (below all of the other statements) add:

If FeedA 000 Then Off

Now the email alarm will be set to off during feed mode.

Rogerga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This doesn’t work because there is no delay. As soon as the feed cycle is off then the water level will take time to return below the upper sensor. Since this delay doesn’t exist the alarm goes off and email and texts happen. What is the fix for this? I see a bunch of talk about using a VO but I have no clue how to program that since I am new to programming the APEX.

Rogerga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This doesn’t work because there is no delay. As soon as the feed cycle is off then the water level will take time to return below the upper sensor. Since this delay doesn’t exist the alarm goes off and email and texts happen. What is the fix for this? I see a bunch of talk about using a VO but I have no clue how to program that since I am new to programming the APEX.

Rogerga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do not want to get emails alerts doing feed modes, then simply at the bottom of your email alarm (below all of the other statements) add:

If FeedA 000 Then Off

Now the email alarm will be set to off during feed mode.
Spifftempo, this eliminates the alarm until the feed cycle is over yes. The problem is that the water level does not return to normal below the upper sensor quick enough to prevent the alarm from happening as soon as the feed cycle is over. I have heard everyone talking about using s virtual outlet but I am going to need someone to spell that out for me in newbie terms. My return pump drops to 5% when feed cycle a is activated.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add extra time to an If Feed statement to keep the outlet off for a period after the feed cycle timer ends. For example;

If FeedA 003 Then OFF

This will keep the outlet OFF for 3 more minutes after the FeedA timer ends.

Try using 001. If that’s not long enough, try 002.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back