ATK ISSUES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RabbitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to connect my ATK to my APEX, but I cant seem to get it going.

I connect everything to the Apex and a blue and pink light is flashing. I can get the apex to recognize the FMM module, update, and configure (although it wont auto detect the sensors as optical sensors). I go to tasks, select ATK, prompts me through the set up, including instructing me to turn them back to auto detect. I hit next, select which FMM, make connections and then name the output....

I am now prompted with
//Error: line 2 - Probe module not installed // If Swx4_2 CLOSED Then ON

OP
OP
R

RabbitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another note, I have been trying to get this to connect for several hours now. Now it has decided to make itself 48 links; I have LinkA_5_1 through LinkA_48_1. lol

OP
OP
R

RabbitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To troubleshoot, I tried my other FMM module that I had my flow sensors plugged into...now nothing works.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an update to the FMM module. Unplug it, delete all the extra modules, plug back in, then go to apex local, and update the firmware for the module.

OP
OP
R

RabbitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an update to the FMM module. Unplug it, delete all the extra modules, plug back in, then go to apex local, and update the firmware for the module.

It was updated when first plugged in. So after hard resetting the Apex and getting everything set back up. I got my original FMM which had 4 flow sensors attached back working. I also got the ATK-FMM to connect, update and configure. I got the module to recognize the optical sensors. But I still have the Blue/Pink led flashing and beeping. So not sure if its connected properly.

U

User1

View Badges
Email support tomorrow morning and they will sort it out for you. Best of luck!

OP
OP
R

RabbitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no dice, sent in, send back. reinstalled now receiving error:
//Error: line 5 - No such output name // If Error Then ON

OP
OP
R

RabbitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've tried everything. When sent into BRS support they found there was water damage to the usb port on the FMM and would not replace, I wouldn't either if there were water damage, but how? My electronics are located remotely.

Dont care, I have another FMM which is working perfectly fine with 4 flow sensors. Unplug two flow sensors and plug in the ATK and reconfigure. No, that gives me a no such line error. So I attempt to program the ATK without the task wizard. This is when I realized the FMM is not recognizing the ATK Pump. Removed FMM, Reconnected, Reconfigured, Deleted FMM, reinstalled, NOTHING. So if this FMM, which works, doesn't recognize the pump. And BRS determines there was water damage on the USB port on the FMM, which is it?

Total waste of money! I see countless threads and posts where people hate the ATK and just about the same amount of threads where people love it. So I guess I was one of the unlucky ones. So do I toss this thing in the garbage and get another ATK to test my luck... Or start ditching Apex...

Any recommendations on any other ATO unit. Thanks

OP
OP
R

RabbitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the 24v power supply

Yup. What’s interesting is the ATK worked in standalone mode only before sent in to BRS. Well, I guess it didn’t work, the pump did, it just continued to empty my reservoir into my sump.

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no dice, sent in, send back. reinstalled now receiving error:
//Error: line 5 - No such output name // If Error Then ON

Go to the email outlet and it looks like line #5 needs to be deleted before you run the ATK task and that should resolve the error you were getting.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is ridiculous with all the add ons that don't last. now the new an improved atk just shows you the other 1 was junk.

OP
OP
R

RabbitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the email outlet and it looks like line #5 needs to be deleted before you run the ATK task and that should resolve the error you were getting.

This is what it shows

7E52D7E0-327C-4C1A-94DB-A15ED6E57DCE.png

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the spectapure top off your going to pay a little bit more but believe you get 5 year warranety

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back