ATK trouble shooting advice

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Problem just solved. My FMM was accidentally switched off.

ATK has been up and running pretty good about 3 months. A few times, I’ve found the PMUP switches from auto (where I have it set) to off. What causes the Apex to move this?

In the past, I just switch it back to auto and the PMUP works. However, today, the PMUP is not coming on.

I have read the ATK tutorial and still can’t find where the problem is...lol, it’s probably me! I have looked over my configuration and seems ok. I have checked/wiped off optical sensors, unplugged and replugged sensors and PMUP power. The optical sensors reading correctly.

What should I try next?
Thank you.
8CE3EB7E-D4B0-4F3A-8D9F-109923010D59.jpeg
The 4 leak detectors are working and open.
3215C2B8-11B5-4444-81D5-8D2DDFC379CF.jpeg
C915D10D-BD8C-4E4F-A75C-7F0C00567B36.png

edit: after posting this I found FMM-3 was switched off. I switched it to auto and WOOHOO!! I hear water adding to sump.

Last edited:

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What used to happen with mine was that the float valve would get clogged, and take a long time to fill the sump wich triggered the when on timer to shut off the atk.

What I finally did to stop this from happening was to install a filter just before the float valve on the atk.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dm-fit-filter-strainer.html
You can take the float valve apart to clean it.

ctcarper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also found that the FMM incorrectly detects the device type ( optical vs leak sensor) when the auto-detect is checked. I unchecked the auto-detect and set my sensors to optical and it works fine.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What used to happen with mine was that the float valve would get clogged, and take a long time to fill the sump wich triggered the when on timer to shut off the atk.

What I finally did to stop this from happening was to install a filter just before the float valve on the atk.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dm-fit-filter-strainer.html
You can take the float valve apart to clean it.
Now that’s an interesting tidbit! Thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also found that the FMM incorrectly detects the device type ( optical vs leak sensor) when the auto-detect is checked. I unchecked the auto-detect and set my sensors to optical and it works fine.
That’s good to know. I’ll see if auto-detect is checked.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I go to uncheck auto detect? Was digging around and don’t see the option.
Thank you.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While this worked for you, it is bad advice to follow. If the FMM doesn’t properly detect the sensor type, it’s either due to a failing sensor, or the sensor’s plug is not fully seated in the FMM socket.

(I’m the guy who wrote the ATK Tutorial)

ctcarper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While this worked for you, it is bad advice to follow. If the FMM doesn’t properly detect the sensor type, it’s either due to a failing sensor, or the sensor’s plug is not fully seated in the FMM socket.

(I’m the guy who wrote the ATK Tutorial)
Thanks for that. Then I have either bad FMMs or sensors as both FMMs didn’t detect (did the same thing on two diff FMMs with two diff sensors.)
Where do I go to uncheck auto detect? Was digging around and don’t see the option.
Thank you.
click on the FMM module in your configuration hierarchy not the actual sensor. It worked for me, but I’d check advice from @SuncrestReef

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back