ATLANTIS PURPLE POLYP STYLOPHORA QUESTION

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JDA has a lot of great advice and experience. But don’t let that frighten you away from that stylo. It’s an attractive interesting shaped and forgiving sps that will help get your feet wet with stony corals and gain confidence. If one day it out grows your tank, so be it and you can move on. Enjoy it while you have it. I plan to donate a good size chunk of mine to the moody gardens public aquarium reef exhibit in a few months to help them get the reef tank started up. Then I’ll likely sell the rest of the colony as one piece. What you don’t see is it has encrusted a huge area of the back glass. I have no clue how I’ll safely remove it. They really do shine under warmer colored lights. One of those corals that kinda gets bland under heavy blues, but hit it with a white bulb and that deep purple just radiates. Hence my placing it directly under some 6500k bulbs. I digress

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another related note. Don’t have pics. But I’ve seen areas in the Bahamas when snorkeling with super bright banana yellow colored stylo growing all over. Very pretty.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool! Yeah I've only had blues on with my t5s with purple here and there, and the stylo stands out bright blue all the time! But will def put it under a bright white soon!

Does someone know if its OK to place two palythoas about 2 inches apart?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back