ATLANTIS PURPLE POLYP STYLOPHORA QUESTION

JDA has a lot of great advice and experience. But don’t let that frighten you away from that stylo. It’s an attractive interesting shaped and forgiving sps that will help get your feet wet with stony corals and gain confidence. If one day it out grows your tank, so be it and you can move on. Enjoy it while you have it. I plan to donate a good size chunk of mine to the moody gardens public aquarium reef exhibit in a few months to help them get the reef tank started up. Then I’ll likely sell the rest of the colony as one piece. What you don’t see is it has encrusted a huge area of the back glass. I have no clue how I’ll safely remove it. They really do shine under warmer colored lights. One of those corals that kinda gets bland under heavy blues, but hit it with a white bulb and that deep purple just radiates. Hence my placing it directly under some 6500k bulbs. I digress
 
Another related note. Don’t have pics. But I’ve seen areas in the Bahamas when snorkeling with super bright banana yellow colored stylo growing all over. Very pretty.
 
That's cool! Yeah I've only had blues on with my t5s with purple here and there, and the stylo stands out bright blue all the time! But will def put it under a bright white soon!

Does someone know if its OK to place two palythoas about 2 inches apart?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new