ATO Container with Slime Buildup

  • Thread starter Thread starter g6gang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

g6gang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
272
Reaction score
25
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my first ATO system in place for several weeks now, using a 10 gallon glass tank sitting under a covered bench right next to the tank. It has been working fine. I am moving the ATO container to a room under the tank to use a bigger container (30G Roughneck). When I took the 10 G glass tank out that was holding the RODI water, it contained a nasty clear slime at the bottom of the tank as well as heater and pump being slimy.

Is this normal? Do you all clean out your ATo containers every so often? How long between cleanings? I thought I was better off with glass, but everyone seems to be using Brute cans? I hav to run out and get a stronger pump to get the water into the tank from the crawlspace now, but want to keep the new setup with the Roughneck. I wonder if this has been controbuting to my algae/cyano issues?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new