Ato essentials pro

Tinks.reef89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use ati essentials pro and how well do you like it. Or do you like it at all?

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the three part and it was awesome but with the switch came a lot of instability with my tank. Couldn’t keep anything stable. One day alk was high the next calcium was high the next low. Was all over the place so I gave up on it. There’s a few people that have had sucks with it. Check ATI sponsor forum for a few threads on it.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Essentials Pro. Been using essentials 3-part and Pro for around 9 months now.

I’m a big fan. Mainly because I highly dislike water changes! But I complete icp testing once every 3-4 months and only have to make minor tweaks.

Some users have complained of low calcium. I don’t have that issue. Most all users mention iodide or iodine always tests low. That is true, but a $15 bottle of iodide lasts a long long time so I’m good with it.

I have no plans on switching!

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the three part and it was awesome but with the switch came a lot of instability with my tank. Couldn’t keep anything stable. One day alk was high the next calcium was high the next low. Was all over the place so I gave up on it. There’s a few people that have had sucks with it. Check ATI sponsor forum for a few threads on it.

@CNDReef brings up a good point on the switch. My dose was a lot smaller with the 2-part than the 3-part, not because it is more concentrated as I followed their advice on dosing changes for the new concentrated mix. My advice is test alkalinity daily for a few weeks until the tank stabilizes. I made quite a few dosing tweaks over the first few weeks but after that, smooth sailing.

I use a KH Guardian, testing every 4 hours, so I was able to react very quickly.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back