ATO Fails ON... Does Sump or DT Overflow?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it need power even though I'm only using the board that has the two traces on it? I can't see how it's any different than having two bare wires hooked up to a break out box that get connected from water that overflowed the sump.
The module needs power. Will the board with traces work. Don't know. Maybe.
I didn't trust my version till I tested it. Tested it with Fresh Water and Salt Water.
It's not very reliable if it get's dropped into RO/DI water since RO/DI water isn't very conductive like tap water or salt water.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely set up fail safes. I know someone who had RODI hooked up to top off tank directly. Well it failed when they were not home and it ended the hobby for them since they lost 200g of reef tank and fish.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to some of the failsafes listed above, I sealed the bottom of my stand and added a drain. There is a hose attached to the bottom that runs to the outside. It is the same idea as using a drain pan under your water heater and washing machine. I also added a small drain line through the top wall of the sump. This will handle low flows and avoids having to dry out the bottom of the stand. I have had problems with leaking check valves on the return pump line. If the power goes out the tank slowly drains back into the sump.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 16

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back