ATO for Waterbox peninsula-mini 25g problem

Vdlibrtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have a AIO waterbox peninsula-mini 25gal and when I first got it I bought a reef keeper brand ATO, the problem is that I have the optical sensor near the overflow because it can't see through the dark tinted glass of the AIO section, but the AIO section is where all my water evaporation happens. I also have a skimmer in the middle compartment, so when the water level drops the skimmer basically starts to run dry. Is there any fix to this other than putting the skimmer in the display? Or is there an ATO you would recommend with, or without, an optical sensor that would work for the AIO compartments? I'm basically adjusting my ATO by hand and having it fill that way, which saves me a trip to the Ro/di, but small increments throughout the day are non existent. Thanks!

Ryan3313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use auto aqua awc on my jbj 45 in the aio section and haven't had any problems. Is it possible to move the skimmer to another chamber?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have an auto aqua. It’s super sensitive to changes in water level which causes it to overfill by a cm or two but have never had any issues with it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back