ATO into tank instead of sump. Problem?

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I going to run into problems having my ATO return to my display tank, specifically the over flow box of my display?

My reservoir is outside of the stand, so I have to leave a door cracked, and it lets out a bit of sound. If I return to the overflow box, I can keep my sump fully covered and the stand enclosed. It would be a lot quieter.

Any issues?

Thanks

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I going to run into problems having my ATO return to my display tank, specifically the over flow box of my display?

My reservoir is outside of the stand, so I have to leave a door cracked, and it lets out a bit of sound. If I return to the overflow box, I can keep my sump fully covered and the stand enclosed. It would be a lot quieter.

Any issues?

Thanks
Doesn't matter where your ATO adds water, since it will always TOP up your system and water distributes.

What matters is where the ATO water level Sensor is.
That should always be in the return section where the water level drops as water evaporates.
I think you know this, just making sure.

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I was just making sure. 20 years, the ato has always returned to the sump, wasn't sure if there was a reason I forgot.

Thank you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back