ATO Noise Question

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Tunze ATO. The wife is getting annoyed by the noise the pump makes. Is there an ATO out there that is as good but quiet?

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze sells the power socket that allows you to add any pump you want. Something like an aqualifter will be very quiet. If you have a Controller or timer you can also set the ato to only turn on when your away.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tunze Nano and tried to get another pump to work with it without success. https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/566495/

I haven't decided on a replacement system yet.

I really like Tunze products and have a 3155 on the tank in my living room. The ATO is in the cabinet and the pump noise isn't an issue. However, the nano is in my bedroom with the ATO adjacent to the tank. Maybe it's amplified by the container I'm using, but the pump will wake you up! I tried a second pump with no change.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%

Back