ATO Pump Recommendation, Please

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the Aqua lifter with my current ATO setup. I'm thinking of switching to a submersible pump.
My top off water is about 56" below the rim of my JBJ 45 rimless.
Do you have a recommendation for a reliable submersible pump for this setup?
Thank you,
-gene

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would recommend upgrading your ATO system to the Tunze 3155 as you can adjust the flow for the lift height you have simply and they are pretty much failsafe. I know it’s pricey but just like your main pump and lights these are things you get what you pay for. If your looking only for a pump I would look at the Sicce 1.5 for your requirements.

ScubaZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would recommend upgrading your ATO system to the Tunze 3155 as you can adjust the flow for the lift height you have simply and they are pretty much failsafe. I know it’s pricey but just like your main pump and lights these are things you get what you pay for. If your looking only for a pump I would look at the Sicce 1.5 for your requirements.

I agree with above for ATO you can’t beat the Tunze 3155 it is known to be one of the best and In my opinion I agree I like mine a lot it’s been up for only 6 months but no issues as most people say with this ATO.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my Tunze 3155 for 2 years and all I’ve done is clean the optical eye everyother month and have had zero issues.

OP
OP
McGene

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the excellent recommendation. It may be down the road for me. I've spent so much already during the initial setup. I better slow Up a bit to keep the peace.

dugthefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use a little 80gph submersible pump/powerhead, with a chunk of RO tubing stuck in it. Takes about 5 minutes to fill an inch in my sump.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 76 44.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 48 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back