ATO question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elze
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Elze

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Terrebonne
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone,

I have a 60 gallons cube and I installed a small temporary reservoir with an ATO connected to the sump. Quick question. I was about to get an IceCap directly connected to my RO/DI line in the basement so I don't have to fill it once a week then I tought could I not simply connect the RO/Di line directly in the return chamber in the sump with a flot valve to free more space in the cabinet?

Any advice or opinion on that?
 
So the float valve integrated in the IceCap reservoir could also fail, don't think I would use either solution in taht case...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new