ATO question

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g dt plumbed to a 40g breeder sump (roughly 90-100g of water in system)... I lose about 5g in evap a week.

I also travel for work a lot (well will be again soon and have started too again)

all of my evap appears to show up in my return pump section of the sump. It is the only area the water line lowers when running.

I am considering adding an ato there but also don’t want to kill the safeguard a high wall provides on return portion of sump... am I overthinking adding the ato help and just avoiding a ball valve solution?

OP
OP
P

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*it isn’t a pump overshooting overflow issue, I’ve isolated this to evap or some mysterious water disappearing trick

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly how sumps are supposed to work.....the water level is only supposed to reflect evaporation in the return pump section so that the tank, skimmer section, etc. remain constant. Yes, you would add the ATO to that section.

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly how sumps are supposed to work.....the water level is only supposed to reflect evaporation in the return pump section so that the tank, skimmer section, etc. remain constant. Yes, you would add the ATO to that section.
yup agree 100% just like waters said it's working like it should. an ATO is invaluable to maintain your salinity. i would recommend the tunze 3155 a few cheaper options out there, but the tunze is worth the extra$$

Back