ATO setup & water level help

Ozz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I recently bought a Tunze ato for a nano tank and I am realizing my return pump chamber's water level is so high. I tried to siphon it to halfway, but it reduces my water level in my display. As I tried to fill up my display to counteract this, the return chamber also fills up. Hence why my ATO sensor is so high. How do I fix this?
1000002999.jpg

OP
OP
Ozz

Ozz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water level in the return pump chamber is too high (red line). Higher than the baffle. I wanted to siphon the water level down to about halfway (a little higher than the baffle) so that I can place the ATO sensor lower. Currently, the water level in the return chamber is only slightly lower that the display's water level (blue line). I tried to siphon the return chamber level down, but that reduces my display tanks water level too. As I tried to add water back into the display, the return chamber would also rise

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water level is going to be set by whatever set of baffles is in the filter section. Is one of them adjustable?

OP
OP
Ozz

Ozz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water level is going to be set by whatever set of baffles is in the filter section. Is one of them adjustable?
The baffles are not adjustable but sit at about halfway. So I don't understand why the the display is draining and the return chamber rises as I add water to the display

mizimmer90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would be that you're overfilling your tank. The water in the return should be at or below the baffle, otherwise the next chamber over is going to fill up too, which will also affect your display levels.

At some point, as you take out water, the tank will be at a constant level and you'll only need to refill a little bit in that last chamber to keep everything level!

BrunoL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious about this as well. I'm a new Waterbox 20 reefer and I *think* I filled it up correctly (return area is about 6cm from the edge and on the display side, the water sits just under the logo), but I'm not sure now. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back