ATO recommendation for Fluval 5G

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up a fluval aquarium and realized the ATO I wanted to use won’t work due to the (poor) filtration design. This is because the design allows the water level to drop in the entire tank rather than just the return pump section.

With that being said, what ATOs is everyone running on the fluval tanks and/or what do you recommend? I want to be able to keep the water level as consistent as possible (I.e. less than a .25” decrease in total water level)

Y8ZC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Smart ATO micro and it works great. My buddy had a similar problem as you with his water box but he keeps the sensor in the the main display part of his tank and let’s the hose go into his back sump system.
I like it because it will make max go for 10 seconds longer than the first fill after every time out plug it in. It will reset everytime you unplug it.

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Smart ATO micro and it works great. My buddy had a similar problem as you with his water box but he keeps the sensor in the the main display part of his tank and let’s the hose go into his back sump system.
I like it because it will make max go for 10 seconds longer than the first fill after every time out plug it in. It will reset everytime you unplug it.
How much does the water level change?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back