ATO, Reef-Pi Noob Question

shollis2814

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
599
Reaction score
345
Location
Nashville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my buddy texted me and said he dropped off a Raspberry Pi with Noobs on an SD card because he looked at the reef-pi site and had an extra one lying around.

Tomorrow I have Aquhub's DIY ATO Kit arriving. Is there anyway to incorporate this kit into Reef-pi? I also now have a Jabeo DP-4. I think it will be self-contained with the programming. I still have to calibrate and test with water before I hook it up to my system. I wanted to mention in case there is some compatibility I am not aware of.
 
So, my buddy texted me and said he dropped off a Raspberry Pi with Noobs on an SD card because he looked at the reef-pi site and had an extra one lying around.

Tomorrow I have Aquhub's DIY ATO Kit arriving. Is there anyway to incorporate this kit into Reef-pi? I also now have a Jabeo DP-4. I think it will be self-contained with the programming. I still have to calibrate and test with water before I hook it up to my system. I wanted to mention in case there is some compatibility I am not aware of.

Bump
 
#reefpi
Let me check out the details and get back to you
 
If you are interested in a controller and want to go the reef-pi route, here are some links that you should read. Might answer some of your questions.

https://learn.adafruit.com/users/ranjib the how-to-do-it guide. It's just a guide, some things you may want to change. These cover individual functions and you can pick and choose which ones you want to implement.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r...tank-controller-based-on-raspberry-pi.289256/ kind of the official troubleshooting forum. At 422 pages and counting, it's best to use the search function to find what you are looking for.

https://www.reef2reef.com/search/4586488/?q=reef-pi&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1 various peoples builds and troubleshooting threads.

It is rewarding building your own unit but it is still a DIY project. You are responsible for your own safety and will be working with AC line voltage. Please use good safe practices!
 
You should be able to use the float switches and probably the relay/power adapter as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new